Jill needs.....

I have a nice, friendly little polecat jill ready to be mated but no hob.

If anyone near the Portsmouth area has one that I could use I'd be grateful.

If you cant find one the jill jab works well had mine done recently.

Thanks.....I wanted some kits to be fair. I have two little girls who are desperate to have some baby ferret. Am only mating the one as she is so good natured. Will only keep a couple and give the rest away. Im sure they'll be very well handled by the time my kids have finished with them.

Thanks.....I wanted some kits to be fair. I have two little girls who are desperate to have some baby ferret. Am only mating the one as she is so good natured. Will only keep a couple and give the rest away. Im sure they'll be very well handled by the time my kids have finished with them.

Go to a Rescue then.

They're normally inundated with kits so you'll have plenty of choice.

:D

Go to a Rescue then.

Spot On :thumbs:

Go to a Rescue then.

Spot On :thumbs:

Yep went and picked two albino jills up yesterday from my local rescue always try them before i think of buying any from elsewere, i will never breed my own to be honest easier to go to the rescue and get some and keeps them going with a small donation.

my local rescue wants 35 quid a ferret i got some unwanted ones off preloved .co.uk if ididnt get them they would of been off to the rescue then they would of been 35 quid an all sniped an nueterd oh and then you might not get them if your guna work them and how many of these are coming from pet homes , oh lets get a baby ferret then the cute little hamster becomes a ferret, before this pet craze things werent to bad probablly ?, you have idiots with a shed full of ferrets all runing loose and breeding willy nilly then charging 30 quid a pop to muppets with no ferret knowlidge , if you want to breed a litter of working ferrets to go to working homes go for it mate but becareful where they go and dont charge the earth or you will put off folks who want a workin ferret , then get your self a vasectamised unrelated hob for next year i will give you one for a bag of food then you can get him snipped,

my local rescue wants 35 quid a ferret i got some unwanted ones off preloved .co.uk if ididnt get them they would of been off to the rescue then they would of been 35 quid an all sniped an nueterd oh and then you might not get them if your guna work them and how many of these are coming from pet homes , oh lets get a baby ferret then the cute little hamster becomes a ferret, before this pet craze things werent to bad probablly ?, you have idiots with a shed full of ferrets all runing loose and breeding willy nilly then charging 30 quid a pop to muppets with no ferret knowlidge , if you want to breed a litter of working ferrets to go to working homes go for it mate but becareful where they go and dont charge the earth or you will put off folks who want a workin ferret , then get your self a vasectamised unrelated hob for next year i will give you one for a bag of food then you can get him snipped,

if they're vasectomised, it matters not whether they are related or not :blink:

Not all Rescues refuse to rehome to working homes. Given the state of many rescues it's be rather inadvisable IMHO. If you're worried about getting a kit bred from a worker then tell the Rescue owner. A significant proportion of their annual influx is from workers, so if it means that much I'm sure they could accommodate you.

If there's a local Rescue, they'd probably welcome a few rabbits, too :laugh:

if they're vasectomised, it matters not whether they are related or not :blink:

does if the op dont weork or the tubes reform which i have herd of friend of mynes jill is the result of a v hob :icon_eek::blink::blink::thumbs:

Edited by Jamie m

Cheers... :thumbs: ....

I have found someone with a nice working hob who isnt too far from me.

I want a litter for a few reasons. Firstly I want some young workers to replace mine as they get older. I have a lovely little jill who I'd like to breed from. It will be good for my small children to understand what goes into having a litter and a good experience for them. I'm not expecting to make any money from this and am more than happy to keep the entire litter myself if there are no suitable homes available.

To those that feel I should rehome rescue ferrets.....its not my responsibility to do that. I'm responsible for the one litter I'd like to have this year and as such am completely happy to keep them all if need be.

I went to my local rspca rescue centre a couple of years ago looking for a jill and they wouldnt let me have one as it would be worked!!!