dogs tail

can anyonehelp me please my lurcher has burst a blood vessel in the tip of his tail the vet wants to amputate four inches off it.because he said it will never heal. has anyone had this problem with there dog and is there anyother option

hi my mate has a bull x that lost 2 or 3" off his tail because it was banging it on it,s ken he sed the dog ran the same as it always has.

[/quote thats the good news cheers mate . it just seams so harsh to chop his tail so young

get your dog to the nearest greyhound vet..i do not have any knowledge of burst blood vessels in the tail but one of my dogs broke it,s tail and the local twat vet wanted to chop her tail off!!!££££££... i was having none of it and asked the lads on here and got pointed in the direction of a great greyhound vet in essex and he saved the tail no problems ...i really don,t trust vets at the best of times sadly it is all about the £ with most of them..all the best for the dogs tail

we had a saluki greyhound that was forever bursting the end of its tail,we just used to tape it up till it stopped bleeding,it can get messy but he was kept outside,so it didn't really matter,if it had been inside I suppose it might of been different with blood up the walls every time it got excited,it alway's looks worse than it is were blood is involved,wagging its tail in confined spaces is to be avoided if poss; till it heals up,the vet will alway's suggest a costly operation to keep his kids in their private schools etc,give it some time if you can't put up with it then shop around for the best price or use the time to try to get insurance,yis,wirralman

My Deerhound burst a blood vessel in the tip of his tail when he was nine months old there was blood everywhere, we taped it up and it healed and has never happened since. I know of a person who keeps their dogs tail taped all the time to stop the dog banging it against things.

One of my lurchers had 2" amputated of the end of its tail due to the mother in-law jamming it in the car boot. Get an old panda pop bottle cut the bottom off it and tape it on. This took around 4 weeks to heal. Hope this helps

atb

DEKA

cheers every one for your help i have taped it up and covered the end with the top off an old bottle and it hasen bled for two days and is looking good i will keep this on for a few weeks and hope it does the trick

I used to use one of those old fashioned hair rollers.Put it round te top of the tail then tape it up.It had the advantage that the wound could breathe so the sore healed quicker.