Whippet pup that wont play lol

Any ideas on a way to actualey get the puppy to play lol, had him home a week now and he is now 16 weeks old, thing is he just wont play.

He has no interest in toys, and tried loads lol. Occasionaly he will rag a teddy in his cage for ten seconds then sacks it, and out the cage he wont even acknowledge a toy. i'm putting it down to him still adjusting to his new home, but dam i hope he starts to play soon or teachig a retrieve is gona be hard as he wont chase any toys.

Any tips

Thanks all.

15 weeks is a bit late to be taking a pup.

Whats he like with other dogs? Will he gnaw on a bone or show interst in kong type toy? Is he interested in you or simple commands like sit?

Edited by skellyb

fine with other dogs, only reason i took him late is due to work, so the breeder held on to him till i was ready. He ansews to simple commands ie sit. He will chew a bone and show interest in a kong ball yes.

I know its not bonding to a degree as he is asleep on the sofa next to me with his head on my arm.

fine with other dogs, only reason i took him late is due to work, so the breeder held on to him till i was ready. He ansews to simple commands ie sit. He will chew a bone and show interest in a kong ball yes.

I know its not bonding to a degree as he is asleep on the sofa next to me with his head on my arm.

In which case I wouldn't worry :thumbs:

My male dog never chased or looked at a toy till very recently and he would have been two when he did.Never chased a ball in his puff till then but he retrieves.Wouldnt worry to much try a rabbit pelt or summit so hes got the scent and maybe be a bit more interesting to him