castration

Guest pigeonpoppa

Guest pigeonpoppa

its looking like my whippet pup rok needs castrating.his balls aint dopped yet and the vet seems to think theyve been retained in the scrotum.hes 7 1/2 month now an the vet says this is strange

the question i want to ask as ive only spoken to the vet on the phone is will it affect him working.

hes goin for checkin out on friday.the balls r there just not down where they shoud be.

any info would be appreciated

regards PP

Wait til he's about 12 month old, he'll then be fully mature, if they haven't dropped by then get him done, breeding from a dog with retained testicles is wrong as it's hereditary. Castrated dogs or spayed bitches make no lesser better dogs than entire ones, i have both and they aren't different in working abilitys. :D

Wait til he's about 12 month old, he'll then be fully mature, if they haven't dropped by then get him done, breeding from a dog with retained testicles is wrong as it's hereditary. Castrated dogs or spayed bitches make no lesser better dogs than entire ones, i have both and they aren't different in working abilitys. :D

i always thought it was 18 mth that thay matured?? i :) could be wrong

All my dogs are neutered, research it, it doesnt affect them and no, lurchers do not get fat as a result. Old wifes tails, if people say other.

:good: No dog needs to get fat because they are neutered....its a lazy owners excuse for having a fat dog :yes:

Most decent, honest vets will tell you, neutering does absolutley nothing to the dog apart from preventing it produce young, makes no difference to aggression, sexual urges, nothing.

MOLL.

Guest samstheman

Your vet must be on commission,cos a dog is too young at seven and a half months to be 'fully lowered' in the nuts department. Wait for a good few months yet before you decide to castrate him. Thank f***k your vet decided not to venture into human doctorate, else she would chop off every boy child's ball-bag before you could say 'cheese-you are one years old......' Was this vet swedish by any chance......?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Edited by samstheman

Some of these vets talk out of there arse :no: ...........give it a year fella, if you then have to have it done......dont worry.........wont effect the dog one bit.

As for them calming down or whatever.........my little Russell got much MORE agressive......2 reasons I had him done........1 for his health & 2 so he couldnt sire any pups.

JOEB

Guest oldskool

i dont think cutting the balls off a grown dog makes a damn bit of difference... but i will put emphisis on the fact the the dog should be left to grow and mature.... a bull calve that gets the snip only grows to the size of a cow and can be a bit of pussy... a bull that gets the snip will be the same mean b*****d he always was...

i always thought it was 18 mth that thay matured?? i :) could be wrong

Depends on the breed, i'd say a whippet was fully mature at 12 month old. ;)