Unexpectidly became a hunt spectator

Guest kevsterjw

Was in the yard last night waiting for a dove to come out from behing a bush. Could just make out its tail through my scope, Sat there not in any hurry, suddenly it flies off and I take rifle away from face and there is a hawk flying about 2 feet behind the dove both of them coming straight at me. The dove was twisting left and right and the hawk was copying his every move, the dove smacked into the fence right next to me and the following hawk grabbed him in mid air and off he went. The catch happened about 3 feet from me don't think either of them saw me was amazing. I've searched for pics but can't find any exactly like the bird I saw but nearest I've seen is a sparrow hawk. :)

Ive had a look at that list and im sure starling's and house sparrow's have been removed from the pest list due to low numbers..

On the hawk bit it will of deffinetly been a sparow hawk there's a couple that patrol round near where i live and it's a awsome sight when you see there mad dash's in persuit of food..

Millet

If you mean the list on the link I put up if you look at it both Starlings and House Sparrows have a "^" next to them. Looking at the bottom of the list you see that this means "not applicable in England".

Ray