HELP /RATTING

HI EVERYONE,

I AM NEW TO THIS SO FORGIVE ME IF I SEEM TO BE A BIT CHEEKY.

I LIVE IN NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE AND AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO GO RATTING WITH IN LINCS OR WILL TRAVEL INTO YORKSHIRE, I HAVE A PATT X LAKELAND X BORDER TERRIER WHO I WISH TO WORK ON RATS, SHE HAS HAD A COUPLE WHILE OUT WALKING AND TWO RABBITS, BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE HER WORK WITH OTHER DOGS.

ANY OFFERS WELCOME.

THANKS

STEVE.

Edited by miller

is it the bloke in drag in the bottom one :hmm:

:11: :11: :11:

miller, why don't you go out and follow the hounds, help out beating or mooch around canal banks. Unfortunately permission is never easy to get and we all have to knock on doors and get rejected, I spent two full days calling at farms and everyone was a no. So speaking for myself I would be very very wary about taking anybody on my land. Get around the shows, join a club and maybe thats your best way in.

Good luck

Simon

is it the bloke in drag in the bottom one :hmm:

:11: :11: :11:

miller, why don't you go out and follow the hounds, help out beating or mooch around canal banks. Unfortunately permission is never easy to get and we all have to knock on doors and get rejected, I spent two full days calling at farms and everyone was a no. So speaking for myself I would be very very wary about taking anybody on my land. Get around the shows, join a club and maybe thats your best way in.

Good luck

Simon

[/quo

CHEERS FOR THAT PAL,

I HAVE SOME PLACES TO GO, BUT ONE MAN AND ONE DOG DONT DO THE JOB AS GOOD AS TWO OR THREE. SO WHAT I NEED IS SOME HELP AT MY END AND THEN THE FAVOUR MIGHT BE RETURNED,THE CHAP I GOT MY DOG FROM LET ME DOWN WHEN IT CAME TO GOING OUT WITH THE DOGS. :signthankspin:

hi mate i also have patt x lakeland border and also go hunting rats on my own with him.if i may i,ll give a few things that have mad it easier.

1. dont be greedy. (with one dog your only ever going to get maybe 2 out of 5 rats that bolt)

2. get the dog to stay by you. (in time it will get to learn the best position for a kill)

3.trap them. (before you gas or lift sheets or straw try to net or place bords around the imediate area.

4.patients. (dont give i,ve had some great mornings on a farm with only one terrier!!!!)

hi mate i also have patt x lakeland border and also go hunting rats on my own with him.if i may i,ll give a few things that have mad it easier.

1. dont be greedy. (with one dog your only ever going to get maybe 2 out of 5 rats that bolt)

2. get the dog to stay by you. (in time it will get to learn the best position for a kill)

3.trap them. (before you gas or lift sheets or straw try to net or place bords around the imediate area.

4.patients. (dont give i,ve had some great mornings on a farm with only one terrier!!!!)

:yes: THANKS PAL IT ALL HELPS. ;)