FERRET GETTING USE TO PUP?

Guest Frank

In the past, i have allways brought up lurcher pup and ferret together, so they can work in harmony.

Now, i have me ferts and will be getting a lurcher pup for ferreting in around spring time, once i find a suitable breeding line.

My question, as my ferts wont have seen a dog that much, come spring, will they freak out if i introduce the pup to the ferts under supervision?

Cheers,

Frank.

I have just been through the same thing, And i find aslong as the ferrets are well handled they seem to be fine with the dogs. However my pup is abit rough sometimes and loves to play with the ferrets so i get abit worried the ferrets will give her a nip but they are very tolerant with her.

I like the milk bowl trick, i have noticed the ferrets are to carried away indulging in the milk to really worry about the pup. After a while they get along fine, its great. I also have my pup broken to the chooks in my backyard. And she still chases birds up the park,

A collie greyhound mixture, bred for ferreting. ;)

I might go whippet, if the correct working type shows up, but the thin coat and small feet ect are putting me off, as the country i ferret in, can be rough at times.

Frank.