Stock Breaking

the bunny huggers have managed to change the good old fashioned electric one to a silly thing that vibrates profusely... i dont know if it would work with some of the mutts i have :)

Your right there, the vibrating collar is as usefull as a chocolate fireguard. I bought mine years ago but it never needs to come out of the box. Any dog with drive or attitude will ignore the vibrating collar, Electric collars are legal and what the majority of bunny huggers know about training and behaviour I could write on a postage stamp :yes:

Guest bigbird

I would go for the electric collar excellent piece of kit, we had a persistant barker and have a very awkward neighour, collar cured him in about half an hour ( dog that is ) neighbour still an arsehole :D:D:D

Edited by bigbird

I trained my lurcher not to chase sheep by walking him past masses of sheep for two weeks everytime I had a minute.

I would put him on an extendable lead and take a dressage whip (long and springy) with me. Everytime he looked at a sheep, he got a whack. He learned very quickly. Now, he is fine. It took time and alot of input. He soon learned that sheep were not interesting.

Some dogs will not learn though and it doesn't matter what you do.

most dogs are not dumb and soon learn when the lead is clipped or not :)

That's what worries me the little feck, am skint though might just tether him in a ginnel and drive a flock of sheep over him and m'missis come to think of it. That would curb her shopping, well at least for a week or two lol :laugh: .