Coupling

Guest busterdog

I can't say fights never happen because they do, but if you now you're dogs then its just a sensible desicion which dogs to lead up with each other.

The shorter links make it harder for two terriers to get to ground together as one can't get in front of the other as in the longer links.

Bump..

Sorry, but just want to get this last question square in my head :icon_redface:

Why do lads decide to use the longer links if the short ones are more useful in stopping them from running down holes? I notice most pics on here are of dogs coupled to the longer links.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I use a lead with a couple of clips on the end, just wondering if couples are better than doing this and if so why, Also all couples I see are sewn into the collar so how do you release your dog, do you have to unhook the collar each time. I can understand this with terriers where you only want a locator collar on but I hunt with Beagles a lot and want to release the dog and leave its collar on.

Sorry for the silly questions but I havent seen people use couples in Australia and was wondering if it was worth me getting some.

Hi Guys

I use a lead with a couple of clips on the end, just wondering if couples are better than doing this and if so why, Also all couples I see are sewn into the collar so how do you release your dog, do you have to unhook the collar each time. I can understand this with terriers where you only want a locator collar on but I hunt with Beagles a lot and want to release the dog and leave its collar on.

Sorry for the silly questions but I havent seen people use couples in Australia and was wondering if it was worth me getting some.

i got a set of couples here what aint sewn into the collar .. got them given to me but im sure they came from strong stuff

Then why do lads decide to use the longer links?

The longer links give the dogs more room. One can lie down while the other stands or a 11 intch terrier can more comftably stand next to a 14inch terrier. :thumbs:

I use a lead with a couple of clips on the end, just wondering if couples are better than doing this and if so why

A terrier keen to get in will chew through an all leater couple in no time. It has happend before and has ended badly. :thumbs:

I hunt with Beagles a lot and want to release the dog and leave its collar on. 

You can also get that type here.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81739&st=0