FAC taking ages

Norfolk police received my application a month ago and the cheque was cashed a week later. I have heard nothing since. I am starting to wonder whether there is a problem. Hopefully they are just busy. Would it be ok to give them a call and see what is happening or is this not advisable?

Having got my FAC through Norfolk I can say that nothing seemed to happen until I gave them a prod. Not complaining, they've all been really helpful but here's how mine went.

I was quoted 6-8weeks when I dropped in the forms. I was led to believe that the cheque was cashed immediately but mine hadn't been after a fortnight so rang up the office, they confirmed that the background checks had all been done and were ok and that my application had been passed to an FEO. Got off the phone and ten minutes later the FEO rings, says he can't do the home visit that week as he's new and doesn't have a vehicle sorted but should by the end of the week. Didn't hear from him again that week so rang him the following Monday as I was at home having finished the early shift. Ah yes, he says, I'll come now. So he came and signed everything off and then it went through ok after that.

I'd suggest giving them a ring, I usually speak to Sharon Cawdron, she's pretty clued up but they're all good sorts.

Edited by Colster

I just had the visit from my FEO in Norfolk and he said assuming there were no problems I should expect it to take at LEAST a month more...

The FEo contacted me fairly quickly in the first place though. Then he needed some prompting... And I won't be holding back on the hastling phone calls in the weeks to come ;)

Norfolk police received my application a month ago and the cheque was cashed a week later. I have heard nothing since. I am starting to wonder whether there is a problem. Hopefully they are just busy. Would it be ok to give them a call and see what is happening or is this not advisable?

a month ur lucky mines been away 4 months and just had police out to check safe last weekend and they said it will take another 6 weeks