electric training collars

has anyone used an electric training collar and how do you rate them

NEVER USED ONE IN YEARS OF DOG TRAINING LOOK AT IT THIS WAY TRANING IS BONDING AND FUN MAKEING MISTAKES AND PUTING THINGS RIGHT IF YOU WENT TO WORK AND SOME ONE KEPT POKEING YOU WITH A CATTLE PROD SAME THING AS COLLER WOOD YOU BE HAPPEY TO WORK THER IS NO EASY WAY TO TRAIN ITS TIME AND TIDE NOT HAVEING A GO BUT DONT THINK THEY WORK

has anyone used an electric training collar and how do you rate them

NEVER USED ONE IN YEARS OF DOG TRAINING LOOK AT IT THIS WAY TRANING IS BONDING AND FUN MAKEING MISTAKES AND PUTING THINGS RIGHT IF YOU WENT TO WORK AND SOME ONE KEPT POKEING YOU WITH A CATTLE PROD SAME THING AS COLLER WOOD YOU BE HAPPEY TO WORK THER IS NO EASY WAY TO TRAIN ITS TIME AND TIDE NOT HAVEING A GO BUT DONT THINK THEY WORK

Theres a time and place for them.I dont like them myself but stockbreaking perhaps if the dogs isnt so quick to understand.Certain breeds i would never ever use them on and one being a saluki x or a whippet type as they imo are at a nery disposition anyway.Spray collars work just as well if used right

Theres a time and place for them.I dont like them myself but stockbreaking perhaps if the dogs isnt so quick to understand.Certain breeds i would never ever use them on and one being a saluki x or a whippet type as they imo are at a nery disposition anyway.Spray collars work just as well if used right

I have a 1st cross bedi greyhound which is very obedient but started hunting up when it missed a rabbit in the lamp and went totally deaf to whistle.I saught advice from numerous dog trainers who adviced using an electric collar to break the dogs focus and respond to the whistle.I used the collar as adviced by the trainers and instructions.It resolved the problem and i only had to use the collar twice on one night.The dog stayed sound for roughly 18 months then started hunting up again.I used the collar once which rectified the problem again.The collar was expensive but without it i would not have been able to lamp the dog.Some people will advice as i was to run the dog down etc etc.Try doing this when the dog is 3 fields away.The collar was ajustable from 1 to 10.I have only ever used it on 2.