its in the breeding not the feeding

no way is a bag off dog food worth that... :thumbdown: artwrights are good nuts and reatial at 13 euro a bag 18% protien but in my oppinion to much protein isnt good for a dog :thumbs: ....

artwrights 10 euro a bag down here pallet cheaper you buy 8 cooked chickens for 40 quid

43 is a complete rip off the most i would pay for a bag off dog food would be.....10-15 euro high protein food is no good for working dogs in my oppinion.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

WHY IS HIGH PROTIEN FOOD NO GOOD FOR WORKING DOGS? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY? AND WHAT WOULD YOU FEED A WORKING DOG? WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE DIET YOU FEED THAT IS SUPERIOR TO A HIGH PROTIEN FEED? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF NOT GIVING A HIGH PROTEIN FEED? DOES A HIGH PROTEIN DIET HARM A DOG IN ANY WAY?

have you a white stick and a golden labradour mate cause they are robbing you blind

lol,i was thinking it was a bigger window than normal in that shop lol.

i was just stuck for a bag of dry food and didnt get a chance to shop around.

fook me,ill be on the jam sandwiches for the rest of the month!

the barf diet would be great but it sounds like a lot of hardship.

43 is a complete rip off the most i would pay for a bag off dog food would be.....10-15 euro high protein food is no good for working dogs in my oppinion.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

WHY IS HIGH PROTIEN FOOD NO GOOD FOR WORKING DOGS? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY? AND WHAT WOULD YOU FEED A WORKING DOG? WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE DIET YOU FEED THAT IS SUPERIOR TO A HIGH PROTIEN FEED? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF NOT GIVING A HIGH PROTEIN FEED? DOES A HIGH PROTEIN DIET HARM A DOG IN ANY WAY?

High protein feeds can cause allsorts of problems especially in terriers,overheating,skin problems,hyper activity,terriers thrive and work much better on carbohydrate,a slow release of energy for prolonged work,protein repairs damage and provides short term boosts of energy,your dogs dont look shiney coated on a carb diet like they do on high protein diets but they do the job better imo.

You can poison a dog with protein and terriers are pretty prone to it,20% protein is more than enough for a terrier and if you overload a dog[or yourself]with protein it gives them the shits,it just dont work.An increase in protein will help a dog recover as protein helps repair tissue but thats all i would increase it for.

hth

MY DOGS ARE FED BARF ONLY, GREENS TWICE A WEEK, THEY CAN RUN/WORK ALL DAY THEY ARE SHINEY COATED, THEY DON'T HAVE THE RUNS, THEY DON'T OVERHEAT. AS FOR ENERGY RELEASE, THE B VITAMINS ARE THE GROUP THAT CONTROLS THIS, AND THE ESSENTIAL B VITAMINS ARE ONLY FOUND IN RAW FLESH UNLESS YOU GIVE A SUPPLEMENT. I'VE BEEN FEEDING MY DOGS THIS WAY FOR 20+ YEARS AND NEVER POISIONED A DOG OR HAD ANY PROBLEMS. BARF DIET IS A NATURAL DIET, DO WOLVES GET THEIR RICE OR PASTA BASED FEEDS IN THE WILD? I THINK NOT. I FIND WITH FEEDING DRY FOOD DOGS ARE MORE PRONE TO SKIN PROBLEMS, THERE'S MORE SH1TE TO CLEAN, THEIR SHITE ISN'T AS FIRM, BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I'M NOT AN EXPERT, I CAN ONLY SPEAK FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES.

• Like 1

MY DOGS ARE FED BARF ONLY, GREENS TWICE A WEEK, THEY CAN RUN/WORK ALL DAY THEY ARE SHINEY COATED, THEY DON'T HAVE THE RUNS, THEY DON'T OVERHEAT. AS FOR ENERGY RELEASE, THE B VITAMINS ARE THE GROUP THAT CONTROLS THIS, AND THE ESSENTIAL B VITAMINS ARE ONLY FOUND IN RAW FLESH UNLESS YOU GIVE A SUPPLEMENT. I'VE BEEN FEEDING MY DOGS THIS WAY FOR 20+ YEARS AND NEVER POISIONED A DOG OR HAD ANY PROBLEMS. BARF DIET IS A NATURAL DIET, DO WOLVES GET THEIR RICE OR PASTA BASED FEEDS IN THE WILD? I THINK NOT. I FIND WITH FEEDING DRY FOOD DOGS ARE MORE PRONE TO SKIN PROBLEMS, THERE'S MORE SH1TE TO CLEAN, THEIR SHITE ISN'T AS FIRM, BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I'M NOT AN EXPERT, I CAN ONLY SPEAK FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES.

Youre right about the complete,thats when ive had problems myself,i feed a natural protein,mixer and veg diet myself no problems,but who knows what goes into a complete for the protein content? i think a lot of completes contain fishmeal,to much fish protein could be the reason some of these problems occur?

Still dont think a high protein diet is good for dogs though,you must have the balance right for your dogs? no expert myself but learnt from trial and error and i have poisoned one terrier with complete,nearly lost him.

CHICKEN WINGS IMO HAVE THE BEST MEAT TO BONE RATIO, COUPLED WITH SOME COD LIVER OIL IN COLD WEATHER AND BEEF/LAMBS LIVER TWICE A WEEK ALONG WITH SOME GREENS TWICE A WEEK IS GOOD. THEY WILL DRINK LESS WATER AS THERE IS A LOT OF NATURAL MOISTURE IN THE FLESH BUT IT'S ALWAYS LEFT OUT FOR THEM. AS I SAY 20+ YRS AND I RECKON OT BEATS DRY FEED HANDS DOWN.

All mine are on DR JOHNS with a lot of raw, veg + oils every other day. After trying lots of differant feeds, this one has alway's been consistant and suits the dog's needs. There's various options when it comes to the protein levels and the 15KG bags cost between £8 and £12 each.

no way is a bag off dog food worth that... :thumbdown: artwrights are good nuts and reatial at 13 euro a bag 18% protien but in my oppinion to much protein isnt good for a dog :thumbs: ....

i get arkwrights for 10 euro a bag if you buy it direct from malcon sharp in mullinahone ,he sells it to the shops so we go direct to him

CHICKEN WINGS IMO HAVE THE BEST MEAT TO BONE RATIO, COUPLED WITH SOME COD LIVER OIL IN COLD WEATHER AND BEEF/LAMBS LIVER TWICE A WEEK ALONG WITH SOME GREENS TWICE A WEEK IS GOOD. THEY WILL DRINK LESS WATER AS THERE IS A LOT OF NATURAL MOISTURE IN THE FLESH BUT IT'S ALWAYS LEFT OUT FOR THEM. AS I SAY 20+ YRS AND I RECKON OT BEATS DRY FEED HANDS DOWN.

Spot on :thumbs: