last day of the year

well oput the day me al sky and the stinkers got there spoke to a retired farmer whos field we wanted to go into he wasnt to keen till al mentioned his granny used to work for him :victory: so away we went to a hedge about 90 yrds long so put out long nets either side netted some holes and started to work along it

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

bunny pops out then back in then makes a bolt for it closely followed by its mate which hit the long net :boogie: which the auld fella al got to it then onein the purse net then moved along nowt else at home . then next set just of were the long net ended so just stuck the two ferrets in bang bang one makes a bolt for freedom along the road closely followed by sky :boogie: then it hit the net about 60yrds along it so i had to catch up with sky and it :o so got there and got it of sky then heard al shout looked round up the road and bunny 2 was coming at me then dog seen it and same again ;) im too old for this :yes: so onto the field first set rabbit bolts then decides to go back in :hmm: got down the hole but i got it :laugh: then waited ten mins but nowt showed so out with mk3 got a mark at 2ft so dug down it was sitting in water so onwards next set another 1 seen rabbits running about over to a shed but am still waiting for the go ahead for that bit :o then next set nowt then same again on a fence line all 3 long nets out 100yrds each side so 4 ferrets in then i seen two rabbits sneak out a hole and straight back in then ferretsa close behind then one bolts along the middle of the hedge and makes it to fredom between the two fences that we couldnt close of :censored: then one bolts on als side hits the longnet right at the end so he went like the clappers think he had a zimmer with him the time it took to get to it sky had it covered for him :tongue2: then as he had killed it another bolts 40 yrds away zimmer was on a speed spurt then it was my turn looked along the net bunny right in the end i was like a cheeta getting to it :boogie: then heard al again one in the purse net so of the cheeta went :toast: so aftyer that nowt else in so called it a day think the auld fella needed a kip :thumbs: when gutting rabbits had a few that must of been ready to drop anytime so thats it till november one of the poleys was playing up a bit not wantin to come out so ended up with 11 again and a suntan was warm the day again :bye::bye:

auld fella looking tired on the home straight

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

then end pict to this season :bye: cheers al :clapper::drink: till nov not be long till the fish are here

DSC00564.jpg

Edited by auld salmon

pretty accurate post auld salmon ,except for the part where you said you looked like a cheetah when you went for the rabbits.Ha :no:From my side of the fence you looked like a drunken bullock and when you had a gallop for the second one that was pursed on your side i thought there was a steam train in the field :haha: Never mind when the fishing starts you might be able to catch something this year,dont want another year of your mood swings :lol: When the salmon arrive i,ll show you what one looks like ,just like last year.See you on the GOWESK :friends: