Missing Whippet in the southwest

My Male whippet went missing on the 14th feb at 12 pm. He went off with the terrier, and 5 hours later the terrier came back, but no whippet.

Hes 19 months old and Blue/Grey in color.

He has a white patch behind each foot, a white patch on his boy bits and a white area on his chest.

Hes 21-22" in height and about 36lb.

He is micro chipped also.

Im concered that he may have gone to ground and got stuck as the terrier came back covered in earth, i know its unlikey but not unheard of. Hopefully hes just strayed to far chaseing a deer and is now wondering.

We live between holsworthy and launceston in the southwest.

Ive put up posters but im struggling to cover ground locally as i have a 11 week old boy with nobody to have him. Just feeling rather helpless at the moment so thought you guys in the southwest could keep your ears to the ground. There is a reward for safe return!

Regards Holly

post-19808-126631968199_thumb.jpg

post-19808-126631979281_thumb.jpg

post-19808-126631984604_thumb.jpg

Thanks alot guys really appreciate it. We were just about to go on a walk, was talking to mother in law when they slunk off together. We were on our farm near st giles on the heath. Thanks for cross posting guys xx

Edited by dangergirl

Has it gone to ground before?

If this is likely then time is of the essance!

Have you called all of the local dog pounds etc? I guess they would of scanned them but its worth checking.

I am in Wiltshire which is a long way away, anyone from the forum around that area who could come and help look maybe.

Horrible feeling when a dog gets lost. remember walking my dogs and my mums whippet, she got excited and shot off, 4 hours later someone had found her by a bloody busy road and taken her to our village.

Also if you know anyone witha quad you can cover far more ground without getting so tired.

Good luck.

Edd