OUT IN THE WIND.

Guest Frank

Had to get out this afternoon, for an hour, even though it was blowing a gale and showers were coming and going, more coming then going. :rolleyes:

Got to the farmer, he had some rabbits in his garden, eating his shrubs, he wanted rid of them.

I was on my own and most oof the burys were in hedgerows. :blink:

My young jill, her second outing, bolted 3, fairly quickly, from a 8 holer, great start i thought. :D

The farmers father was walking to his house and stoped to remark how comical my light polecat jill looked. :blink::laugh:

Never seen one like that before, was his remark.

Moved on to a 5 holer, had to block a hole on the other side, being as i was on my own.

Put jill in, she came back out and knocked the net, went to put it back up, she went back down at this stage, then the farmer was standing next to me, saying, you just lost one from here look, :o:rolleyes::laugh: , sure enough, their was the net, acroos the floor. I did not hear a thing, because of the flaming wind and me busy with putting the net back up. :blink::rolleyes:

The last bury i dont want to talk about :icon_redface: , i missed a hole and 3 were off and away, with the farmer in stiches. :rofl::angry::rolleyes::no: :11:

One of them afternoons. :icon_eek: , Not to worry, but one thing i must do, is invest in a bloody longnet. :yes:

Pics below, the place and the final miserable bag. :laugh:

Frank.

Had to get out this afternoon, for an hour, even though it was blowing a gale and showers were coming and going, more coming then going. :rolleyes:

Got to the farmer, he had some rabbits in his garden, eating his shrubs, he wanted rid of them.

I was on my own and most oof the burys were in hedgerows. :blink:

My young jill, her second outing, bolted 3, fairly quickly, from a 8 holer, great start i thought. :D

The farmers father was walking to his house and stoped to remark how comical my light polecat jill looked. :blink::laugh:

Never seen one like that before, was his remark.

Moved on to a 5 holer, had to block a hole on the other side, being as i was on my own.

Put jill in, she came back out and knocked the net, went to put it back up, she went back down at this stage, then the farmer was standing next to me, saying, you just lost one from here look, :o:rolleyes::laugh: , sure enough, their was the net, acroos the floor. I did not hear a thing, because of the flaming wind and me busy with putting the net back up. :blink::rolleyes:

The last bury i dont want to talk about :icon_redface: , i missed a hole and 3 were off and away, with the farmer in stiches. :rofl::angry::rolleyes::no: :11:

One of them afternoons. :icon_eek: , Not to worry, but one thing i must do, is invest in a bloody longnet. :yes:

Pics below, the place and the final miserable bag. :laugh:

Frank.

At least you were out and about....Why do you not invest in a lurcher mate??

Thats the way it goes Frank. Win some, lose some!

Unfortunately most of my hunting stories turn into a kind of comedy sketch rather than tales of big bags but once your out in the countryside and enjoying yourself, thats the main thing.

Those two ferrets look fantastic, a real credit to you.

You win some, you loose some ;) It's part of what contributes to make our sport so appealing! :yes: Tomorrow is another day...... :clapper:

Very true hywell, cheers for that. :)

Was out again today, only managed 1 :blink: , flaming mxy has striked bad in the other place i went to. :rolleyes:

Not to worry, have more places to go. ;)

Frank.

Thats the way it goes Frank. Win some, lose some!

Unfortunately most of my hunting stories turn into a kind of comedy sketch rather than tales of big bags but once your out in the countryside and enjoying yourself, thats the main thing.

Those two ferrets look fantastic, a real credit to you.

Thanks Pointer :D Its good to have ferts that turn out well, after you put a lot in to bringing them up. :yes:

Yesterday was a bit of a comedy sketch to say the least. :blink: :11:

Frank.