to big for the job

Ok your question is: Is my dog to big for the job? You went on to say : its working verry well, we dont need to put it on a lead as it will stay by our side, picks up rabbits on the lamp & sometims of too.will jump allmost anything & retreives to hand, it even got a rabbit with big ears the other night when it run out of the lamp.

The way i see it is if its JOB is to not need a lead, work very well, pick up rabbits on the lamp, jump almost anything, retrieve to hand, got "rabbits with big ears" and your dogs doing that job then obviously its NOT to big for the job otherwise it wouldnt be doing the job! Im getting a pup next week and i hope i can say all those good things about him when hese 18 months old!

• Like 1

this is my dh/gh x collie/gh she is around 24tts now almost 8 months and i couldn't wish for a better dog even though she will get about 25-26 i wouldnt change her for all the tea in china. she's upto 14 rabbits, brings back live to hand, what more can anyone ask?

post-38791-126552905794_thumb.jpg

post-38791-126552920664_thumb.jpg

Ok your question is: Is my dog to big for the job? You went on to say : its working verry well, we dont need to put it on a lead as it will stay by our side, picks up rabbits on the lamp & sometims of too.will jump allmost anything & retreives to hand, it even got a rabbit with big ears the other night when it run out of the lamp.

The way i see it is if its JOB is to not need a lead, work very well, pick up rabbits on the lamp, jump almost anything, retrieve to hand, got "rabbits with big ears" and your dogs doing that job then obviously its NOT to big for the job otherwise it wouldnt be doing the job! Im getting a pup next week and i hope i can say all those good things about him when hese 18 months old!

Agree.sounds to me you got a good buy there mate.Takes a lot of time getting any dog to that standard.Stick with it.

had both types 24 inch very fast collie type and big halfcross out of tor of dartmoor and simliar in the long run it evend its self out ashe adapted to the game but on fast winter wheat the very fast collie type one hands down the other nites the big dog done realy well more running wind and not as exposive ,get adoog that suits were you hunt ,not beacause he is good looking stays round the corner etc

• Like 1

my son & i have just got into lamping. we got a bitch 18months old dearhound x greyhound,its working verry well, we dont need to put it on a lead as it will stay by our side, picks up rabbits on the lamp & sometims of too.will jump allmost anything & retreives to hand, it even got a rabbit with big ears the other night when it run out of the lamp. but the lampers we know say the dog is to big for the job. can a bread of dog be to big.if so why

just big dog oer big bitch if its working for you keep it