My ferrets!

Got a new jill kit the other day, managed to get her off a woman who lives about 20 miles away who keeps lots of ferrets as pets. My kit was given to her by a friend of hers but when I called her and explained my situation she was happy to give the kit to a good working home. Now this kit has never eaten rabbit and her parents were kept as pets only, but I decided to give her a shot.

Meet "Milly", between 3 and 4 months (not quite sure) albino jill. She has a great temperament but is still a little too young and playful to work!

IM000043.jpg

This is my albino hob "Rocky" about 4-5 months, cracking worker already! This hob is from working parents from a guy who lives up the road from me. Was hoping to get more than 1 off him but his jill had only 4 kits this year and 1 of them died at a couple of weeks :( .

IM000044.jpg

And this is the pair of them, Rocky on the left. The size difference between them is very noticeable usually! This photo doesnt do it justice!

IM000049.jpg

Photos taken a couple of minutes ago because Im bored!

Gibby

Afraid not,

This woman used one of her hobs as a stud for her friend who wanted a litter and took one of the kits for the favour. However she has around 15 adult ferrets, all rescue or similar arrangement, so she said I could have the kit since i guaranteed it a good working home. We came to a good agreement that if I breed from the jill she could have pick of the litter.

So unfortunately she has no more kits this year and Im pretty sure her friend has no more too.

Cheers

PS this lady even has a pure 100% polecat that used to belong to a nature reserve, and its unbelievably tame and friendly! Just like a ferret! Dont ask if she is breeding from it though she has had him neutered!