Out today

Went out this afternoon as I had the day off work today for a job interview earlier. Went to a bit of permission not far from me and did a warren I havent done yet, and for good bloody reasons I now realise!

Netted up a few holes next to a big bush, couldnt see any under the bush. There was a couple of big sheets of tin lying next to the bush too though...

Put my hob down, and it wasnt long before i heard a rumbling under my feet, a matter of seconds actually. Next thing i hear the tin clattering about, and yep you've guessed it, rabbit slips out from under the tin and bolts away! Ferret shows his face from under the tin sheet then goes back down. About a minute later another couple of bunnies bolt from a different bit of tin!

This is when things got worse! My ferret went back down and I never heard anything for a couple of minutes. MK1 locator out... Couldnt find him anywhere! He was under a sheet of tin somewhere and i couldnt track him through it! Triead to move the stuff, bloody heavy plus it was half under a bush! Thankfully he reappeared so I swiped him up before he went under again!

Did another couple of small 2 holers without a sniff then an old guy came up to me and asked me if i would ferret his neighbours land. So he asked me to follow him home to a village about 5-6 miles away.

One of his neighbours didnt mind the rabbits and besides he didnt have any warrens that he knew of on his land anyway! Another one gave me permission but didnt know where the warrens were, on inspection they were mostly on the fenceline between his field and the next field, so I had to get permission from the other landowner, which wasnt much of a problem because the old boy who asked me to come out was asking for my permissions for me! Doesnt look very easy going though as there are thick bushes on the fenceline!

So then I got sent off myself and asked the farmer down the road for permission, apparently hes got loads of rabbits but he shot one the other day with mixy :no: but he gave me permission anyway and told me to watch out for the badgers :icon_eek: !!

So all in all no rabbits today but 3 new bits of permission not far from home!! Also got a couple of phone numbers from said guy to call and mention his name!

And also I learned a valuable lesson... Dont ferret under huge sheets of metal!

Gibby