foxing last night with friends. [ good bag]

went out foxing last night over a permission i share with a friend of mine micheal40 who gets on the different shooting forums.

anyway after looking for a good hour so so on one part of the permission which also has a 100+ acre wood on it we hit a blank ? moved on to two 40 acre fields that the same land owner has but nothing on them to. things didnt look to good.

we then move to more permission we have from the same farmer which hasnt been shoot on since the 50's ! as the foxes are paairing up we new there should be somefor the taking some for the taking. so in the mean time we shoot a couple of rabbits for the ferrets.

we then had our 1st fox of the evening. he was in a field to our left only about 80 yards lay down sniffing the ground. he took off to the tree line some 165 yards away.

we moved out after getting him to see some muntjac. we went down path to next lot of fields. that run both sides of the track in the distance some 500 yards away could see to foxes in the lamp light.

we called and they slowwly strated to come to call. over the next 15 mins we played the waiting game. they come intot he field where one was shot at 175 yards he went down like a sack of crap. his mate then come to see what was going on but ran.

we put the lamp back on her and i shot. down she went to. got over to them and ranged back from the last shot it was 240 yards. which at night is a long way i think in the lamp.

we then visted the top field where we see the od fox but nothing. so back down the lane and a fox was milling about. couldnt get a shot as it was through the fence. so went down path we got the 1st from and sure enough she was there. she wasnt hanging about so i shouted at it.

the fox stopped and made the mistake of staying still. vmax bullet struck home. and that was the 4th of the night

008.jpg

016-2.jpg

019-3.jpg

this was the 1st when i turned it over ! 009-3.jpg

Edited by jamie g
  • Like 1

yes i no mate :gunsmilie: rules are rules on there tho. so got to stick to them. im after some more foxes the weekend

you got that right jamie i got evicted for daring to talk about cats you may have followed the story so im in the naughty corner for a while.

good account on your nights lamping well done its good to see when its done right :thumbs:

cheers lads. it was a good night they dont allways happen like that. got a good lamp man to that has the eyes of a bird of prey :laugh: have seen alot about there lately and i new one night of a good amount would come.

1st night we went there we see 12 foxes so there is alot about to control.

gary w yes i see that thread mate. you back on there now. still havent had a shot with your old 20 tac you sold mark. looking forward to it tho