border terriers

considering buying a border terrier. looking for some advice on what they are like as workers

As terriers go I think they are an acquired taste, I have a 4 year old bitch and I think she is great. I am talking from experience and when she was young I thought as a worker she was not going to be great as all the ratters we went out with, jrt's etc seemed to be much more keen to get on with the job with my border mooching around behind them, and me getting a bit despondant ! But after a while she got more and more into it and she is now as keen as any. I have read and heard that they take a little longer than the mad brains but they think a little more. for me thats fine as she is excellent with my kids and as a pest controller I can take her into peoples houses with no worries. She will also go down bigger holes as well. All in all Ithink they are a very steady terrier with big hearts as well as character. But it really depends on what you want from one, and remember that each dog is different. Hope this helps, Colin.

borderman45 and stuboi have just about sumed it up for you slow to start and as they learn their trade they become very hard little dogs i had a bitch that wouldnt think twice about crunching into one of those prickly hedge things she was hard moutht and hold anything hope this helps you