jaws lives

Anyone here has a dog that eats everything,and I'm not on about food.I have a lakelandxrussel/bull,10 months old and hes a destructive little b*****d.Hes eaten the back of the fridge in the shed,I gave him a cow matt to lie on so he'd be warm one winter,guess what? he ate it and was shitting black rubber for a week.Hes eaten a walking stick,an electric planer,(the handle only of course)his sleeping quarters.His aluminium bowl.anyone got anything like him,hes really got me sick of him,by jasus he better work in december or I know what he'll be eating.

:11: I know exactly what you are going through, i would compose a list for you of the items my dog has eaten but i'd run out of words!! :11: I sought advice and was told it was anxiety at being left alone. So I followed a behavioural programme (For what seemed like months) and eventually it reduced to just the odd door now and again :icon_eek: , the last incident being last summer when i had a cat flap fitted, went on a nite out, came home pie eyed only to find her in the garden covered in blood with a door pannel half eaten! :blink: Not bad though considering she has eaten most items in my house when she was younger on a daily basis. I'll try and hunt out the info and pass it on to you.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:D Gotta love 'em! I once spent a LOT of money on the biggest and bestest Dog Flap I could find. Hacked away half my back door to fit it and awaited results. (I had a Bull 'n Terrier at the time). First the bugger refused to have anything to do with it. But he soon got it sussed and, as he smashed in and out through it, I thought, 'This is way cool!'.

Till the time I went out and forgot to unlock it for him ..... :icon_eek: B*stard!

Jigsaw; Think yeself lucky he's only part Bull! I heard of one that did the standard - eating through a solid door. But, having got through it, he ate half a bag of cement! :laugh:

This little prick cant be lonely,hes kennelled with another dog,hes never once started a fight but my bull terrier bitch tried to get at him under the gate and he pulled lumps out of her in minutes,I ran out of the house and his kennell mate was hiding in his dog box,(hes going to be a good 1 for sure I think.)I revamped the kennells last year and tiled the floors and added shores,put new galvanised wire up,2 inch box.Tied them up with cable ties,the biggest ties you can get,he ate the flaming things and escaped ,was in the box with the bull bitch when I got home from work.How she didnt chop him I'll never know,now the box wire is on with galvinised wire.I've had to adjust loads of stuff just to suit him.Hes a pain in the arse,but I get the feelig hes going to be a good 1,(I shouldnt tempt faith).

Why not weld the kennel together?

I have 10 kennels all box steel & 1" heavy wire welded to the box steel then roe bolted to the floor & walls of the kennels, purpose built kennel though 40ft by 12ft double block then insulation & single brick outside, noise dosen't escape & dogs don't either!LOL I had some wooden kennels before that, looked nice at the start till i bought meself a black fell who chewed through every bit of wood in his pen & learned how to open the other dogs gates!

Sounds like your lad should have been called houdini or however its spelt?? Have you any pics of him?

Why not weld the kennel together?

I have 10 kennels all box steel & 1" heavy wire welded to the box steel then roe bolted to the floor & walls of the kennels, purpose built kennel though 40ft by 12ft double block then insulation & single brick outside, noise dosen't escape & dogs don't either!LOL I had some wooden kennels before that, looked nice at the start till i bought meself a black fell who chewed through every bit of wood in his pen & learned how to open the other dogs gates!

Sounds like your lad should have been called houdini or however its spelt?? Have you any pics of him?

any chance of a few pics of your kennels [bANNED TEXT] they sound the dogs bollocks :)

I got a new phone last week but I cant get my multi media messages or my e-mails working on it,Hes a cracker of a dog,nice solid body and a huge head,really powerful dog.I had box steel welded mesh for 18 years and it started rusting,me being a painter by profession there was no way I was going to paint it a second time,you know the saying:never bring your work home with you,I'm a firm believer in that.I built block dividing walls,put a roof on,torch on felt.All that was left was a wire front and I got the frame work done by a welder,galvanised round pipe with flat plates on the ground bolted in.Weyhey.....no painting ever again.Then I got the idea of cable ties,no problem with the other dogs,just this nutter.Its the only kennell that had to be wired,all the rest perfect.I have them 8 feet x 7 feet,I wash them out at 6.45 each morning,and again in the evening,I use an industrial squeegee,the long yokes with the strip of rubber on them.Belt the water in all 3 kennells and squeegee into the shores,pick the shite up and down the main manhole,all done in 25-30 minutes,best thing I ever did.Feed the little shits and gone to work.As soon as I work out the photo problem,I'll stick up a few pics.

As I've said hes kennelled with another dog so big bones might lead to broken bones,hes eaten a hose a few weeks back,I was washing the kennells and the phone rang,when I got back after 5 minutes the hose was no more,well a few feet shorter.I have very large buckets for water drinkers.I cant lift 1 of these,I have to pull it along the ground to get it in the gate when I fill it.I came home a while back and it was on the opposite side of the kennell,the mutt was pulling it about.He also ate the handels off of it so if I fill it outside the run I cant get it back in.No handels to pull it.1 thing about him,if you shout at him or God forbid laid a hand on him he'd be out of sorts for days afterwards,hes a sensitive dog in that way.I put it down to hormones.I spend a lot of time sitting in his kennell and rubbing him down(not in any sexual way)and he just sits there without a move.The minute you try to move he jumps up and on 2 different occasions hes hit me right on the button with his head,left seeing stars I was,but after all that I am rather fond of him,I just hope he makes the grade,time will tell

As I've said hes kennelled with another dog so big bones might lead to broken bones,hes eaten a hose a few weeks back,I was washing the kennells and the phone rang,when I got back after 5 minutes the hose was no more,well a few feet shorter.I have very large buckets for water drinkers.I cant lift 1 of these,I have to pull it along the ground to get it in the gate when I fill it.I came home a while back and it was on the opposite side of the kennell,the mutt was pulling it about.He also ate the handels off of it so if I fill it outside the run I cant get it back in.No handels to pull it.1 thing about him,if you shout at him or God forbid laid a hand on him he'd be out of sorts for days afterwards,hes a sensitive dog in that way.I put it down to hormones.I spend a lot of time sitting in his kennell and rubbing him down(not in any sexual way)and he just sits there without a move.The minute you try to move he jumps up and on 2 different occasions hes hit me right on the button with his head,left seeing stars I was,but after all that I am rather fond of him,I just hope he makes the grade,time will tell

by the sound of it you know hes a special dog and hes gonna make you proud :thumbs-up: all that chewing is gonna give him a strong jaw ;) ! try bitter apple spray that might work spray it on everything you dont want him to chew :11: it sometimes works ....