Ferreting

Hi All

This is my first time on so ill get to the point.I have done most types of hunting over the years but for the last ten years I have gave it up because my children have been young but my son is now twelve and after alot of time fishing with him I have decided to get him into hunting.I have decided to start ferreting with him as this is what I enjoyed at his age but because I have been out of the sport for so long I don't know where to start?

The guys I used to hunt with have moved away or gave it up along time ago and I don't know where to get a hunting ferret or a hunting lurcher or whippet?.I'm not even sure if the places I used to hunt will even let me on there land but I'm determined to give it a go and I would love any advice on how to proceed(I'm from northern Ireland if that will help)

Cheers

Micko

im from there myself ive three jills and a hob if im breeding from them come the spring u could have your pick. youll not get to many working ferrets about at this time of the year. you could tag along for a day with us if u want.

im from there myself ive three jills and a hob if im breeding from them come the spring u could have your pick. youll not get to many working ferrets about at this time of the year. you could tag along for a day with us if u want.

thats an offer you cant refuse micko mate :thumbs:

twiggy that is a great offer and I would be up for that anytime(that I'm not working)I would love to get out for a days hunting and if we can arrange that it would be great and I would be interested in getting a young ferret or two in the spring.Thanks for the offer and I hope we can meet up soon. :clapper::boogie:

Micko