want to get my lad an air-rifle,can i get a reasonable one for this money,and if so what would you suggest,he wants it for pigeon and the odd rabbit,i know this is old hat but done a search and cant find what i need thanks for reading rob

there was someone advertising on here yesterday , it was a bsa lightening with a scope and gun bag for 110 posted, bargain check to see if its gone if it aint and you have the money get it.

want to get my lad an air-rifle,can i get a reasonable one for this money,and if so what would you suggest,he wants it for pigeon and the odd rabbit,i know this is old hat but done a search and cant find what i need thanks for reading rob

there was someone advertising on here yesterday , it was a bsa lightening with a scope and gun bag for 110 posted, bargain check to see if its gone if it aint and you have the money get it.

thanks mate but id rather get it from a shop,im a kind of walk in like it buy it type,but thankyou rob

Hi Watchman,

Look at this link to a cheap site.

http://www.outdoorsman.co.uk/index1.html

When you get on there on the left hand side press on

Shooting

then

Air rifles

then 2 good brands to look at are

SMK Air Rifles id say first

and then

Cometa Air Rifles.

The company will send a rifle to your nearest gun shop so you can easily pick them up.

Cheers

Zini

Hi Watchman pal,

I am a .22 calibre shooter myself so would always say .22 and get to know the trajectory.

But as you say it’s for your lad though I would probably suggest a .177 as it has a flatter trajectory mate.

After looking at Davys excellent video footage the other day I see that a full power .177 doesn’t really have much holdover or hold under at all out to 40 yards so I think if your lad zeroed it at say 15 or 20 metres he should be able to aim bang on and hit targets out to 25 or 30 metres easily if his shooting is up to that standard.

30 metres is a ample range to hit corvids and bunnies at.

90% of my shots are between 20 metres and 30 metres if I can get to within that range.

Zini

Hi Watchman pal,

I am a .22 calibre shooter myself so would always say .22 and get to know the trajectory.

But as you say it’s for your lad though I would probably suggest a .177 as it has a flatter trajectory mate.

After looking at Davys excellent video footage the other day I see that a full power .177 doesn’t really have much holdover or hold under at all out to 40 yards so I think if your lad zeroed it at say 15 or 20 metres he should be able to aim bang on and hit targets out to 25 or 30 metres easily if his shooting is up to that standard.

30 metres is a ample range to hit corvids and bunnies at.

90% of my shots are between 20 metres and 30 metres if I can get to within that range.

Zini

thanks mate new i could rely on you atvb rob