lamping ground

Guest alastair

Guest alastair

i dont know about you fellas,but does any one lamp rabbits threw saplings or areas of trees,my heart skips a beat when my dog charges in to wooded areas at night ,turning the light off dont stop em.golf courses make me f......g shudder trees all over,i generally stick to open fields as ive lost a dog in a bunker before just wondered your thoughts on this.i go out with a friend a we use 2 lamps 1 to put on the rabbit a 1 directly in front of dog am i over doing it .

agreed it can be lethal especialy with the speed involved.

i know of a fella whos dog impaled itself once on a branch it eventually died.

also i steer clear of golf courses my big dog did the splits once on a putting green (daytime) when he turned to get on something he was in serious bother..

Guest alastair

cheers,golf courses are out for me after that accident,have recently got about 500 acre farm,and walked it in daytime,spotless fields ,no scrap farm shit,no old wire every where,neat cut ,hedges.it makes a change cause other farms i use are not very tidy. just thinking of that cattle grate incident sends a chill down me spine. :(