Bushing with Plummers

As I was snowed in and couldnt make work today I took advantage and went out with my 2 young plummers, as I said in another post I have covered a lot of miles in the car and on foot last week checking earths and pipes to no avail, although they did push a few out of cover. Today my terriers chanced on a fox in a thick bramble patch roughly 20 x 100 yards long. Having heard the comotion I threw myself in the patch to assist, up to my neck in thorns, falling into a hidden stinking ditch water up to my knees, falling head over heals ankles round my shoulders and cut to ribbons I finally got to them as the fox was drawing its last breath. At last my 2 14 month old terriers got their 1st fox.

:toast: well done

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plummers dont do foxes,we dont believe you. :big_boss: only kidding mate nice one :thumbs:

i really dont beleive it sorry if iam rong but theres not 1 mark on the dogs

Had 1 with the tykes myself recently mate & not a mark on mine either, so what?? Why would the guy post if it weren't true & why is there always some dickhead that spoils the thread with dickshit replies??

right on could of been week or lame they just cant stop slating plummers, on my plummers pedigree theres working certificates for his lines pre ban way back why would a hunt use them if they were no good

dont read to much into the fact some dog has a working cert judge the dog on what you see first hand :thumbs:

did the terriers catch the fox in cover ?? am not douting you, its just i have been bushing for years now and come across many foxes but never managed to catch one with just the tykes when bushing, , pobally because my dogs are shite, , :thumbs:

similar to me last year had the odd 1 or 2, but this year we had i think either 6 in 4 outings or 8 in 6 outings from cover, and this was the start of the season when cover was thick... no guns just terriers. and as for whoever said above about marks on dogs, our dogs havent really been sore this year the terriers have caught and dealt with them well enough and havent had hardly any marks on them. weve had more foxes from cover this year than earths it wasa good season for us untill transport fecked us up a few weeks ago :thumbdown:

edited to say i have been out more than 4 or 6 times :D just before we missed any we caught them lot at the beginning of the season....

6 foxes in the cover? must be some terriers :clapper:

As I was snowed in and couldnt make work today I took advantage and went out with my 2 young plummers, as I said in another post I have covered a lot of miles in the car and on foot last week checking earths and pipes to no avail, although they did push a few out of cover. Today my terriers chanced on a fox in a thick bramble patch roughly 20 x 100 yards long. Having heard the comotion I threw myself in the patch to assist, up to my neck in thorns, falling into a hidden stinking ditch water up to my knees, falling head over heals ankles round my shoulders and cut to ribbons I finally got to them as the fox was drawing its last breath. At last my 2 14 month old terriers got their 1st fox.

it aint look as though them 2 have done that, no blood unda charlies jaw or on it neck, top of dogs heads arent scratched either, no chance them 2 ave done it, bronsons fur is still dry, thers been snow on ground up here for near on 3 week now

it aint look as though them 2 have done that, no blood unda charlies jaw or on it neck, top of dogs heads arent scratched either, no chance them 2 ave done it, bronsons fur is still dry, thers been snow on ground up here for near on 3 week now

I have to agree but I APOLOGISE if I am wrong and this wasn't staged. Charlie looks too dry to have been rolling about in the snow with your young ones, looks like he's just been dropped in the snow, for them to have killed it I'd expect a bit more wet fur on the neck, it all looks wrong.

Enclosed pic is result of a kill in a dry pipe drawn out into the snow.