Day out

valley,a lot of the time odd guns of mine dont turn up and its most when u need them a sometimes think theyd rather be shooting logs into the fire lol ,dab a hope you have a good day atb ,wullie

problem i had was the boys were shooting at anything that came out and the foxes kept turning.They were shooting at ducks ,woodcock e.t.c never the less nice to leave some behind for next time

if they shoot at anything but foxes they never get back ,it causes hounds to follow the wrong scent and there will be a time when people want a good job done and you wont get that done if your guns are shooting at anything,when i first got involved with hounds they were hunting through heather one day and there was hundreds of white hares just a few yards from the hounds and they didnt bother about even one of the hares and that day we didnt find a fox to hunt,thats what some people want if even one hound gave tongue on anything other than a fox there would be someone there who would be on the phone to tell another estate thats when they dont want you back in ,you can do a hundred good hunts and one bad hunt and youll be remembered for the one bad day atb

you wont start a pack steady on fox by getting hounds that havent seen anything,the best way is to get old experienced hounds what wont hunt anything else but fox,while theyre hunting keep your young hounds coupled and on leads then when your older hounds start to give toungue on a fox let the younger hounds join in that way theyll be hunting the correct scent,remember hounds will hunt any scent if you let them atb

you wont start a pack steady on fox by getting hounds that havent seen anything,the best way is to get old experienced hounds what wont hunt anything else but fox,while theyre hunting keep your young hounds coupled and on leads then when your older hounds start to give toungue on a fox let the younger hounds join in that way theyll be hunting the correct scent,remember hounds will hunt any scent if you let them atb

GOT TOO ADMIRE SMALLER GUN PACKS ENTERING YOUNG HOUNDS AS IT CAN BE A VERY DIFFICULT AS YOU KNOW I WORK WITH A BIG MOUNTED PACK MUST BE HARD TO GET YOUNSTERS INTO FOXES TOO GET THEM TUNED IN TOO THE CORRECT SCENT AND NOT SPEAK ON ANYTHING, HELPS IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CONTACT FOR BOMB PROOF OLDER HOUNDS WHO SPEAK ON FOX ONLY BUT CAN BE HARD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THEM FOR MANY REASONS REGARDS DABBER

GOT TOO ADMIRE SMALLER GUN PACKS ENTERING YOUNG HOUNDS AS IT CAN BE A VERY DIFFICULT, AS YOU KNOW I WORK WITH A BIG MOUNTED PACK. MUST BE HARD TO GET YOUNGSTERS INTO FOXES TOO GET THEM TUNED IN TOO THE CORRECT SCENT AND NOT SPEAK ON ANYTHING, HELPS IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CONTACT FOR BOMB PROOF OLDER HOUNDS THAT SPEAK ON FOX ONLY, BUT CAN BE HARD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THEM FOR MANY REASONS MORE SO NOW AS YOU FOLLOW A FALSE TRAIL REGARDS DABBER YOULL KNOW WHAT IM SAYING Edited by DABCHICK

GOT TOO ADMIRE SMALLER GUN PACKS ENTERING YOUNG HOUNDS AS IT CAN BE A VERY DIFFICULT, AS YOU KNOW I WORK WITH A BIG MOUNTED PACK. MUST BE HARD TO GET YOUNGSTERS INTO FOXES TOO GET THEM TUNED IN TOO THE CORRECT SCENT AND NOT SPEAK ON ANYTHING, HELPS IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CONTACT FOR BOMB PROOF OLDER HOUNDS THAT SPEAK ON FOX ONLY, BUT CAN BE HARD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THEM FOR MANY REASONS MORE SO NOW AS YOU FOLLOW A FALSE TRAIL REGARDS DABBER YOULL KNOW WHAT IM SAYING

dont know why it come up twice anyway attach pic of dog fox

post-36532-126281138222_thumb.jpg

GOT TOO ADMIRE SMALLER GUN PACKS ENTERING YOUNG HOUNDS AS IT CAN BE A VERY DIFFICULT, AS YOU KNOW I WORK WITH A BIG MOUNTED PACK. MUST BE HARD TO GET YOUNGSTERS INTO FOXES TOO GET THEM TUNED IN TOO THE CORRECT SCENT AND NOT SPEAK ON ANYTHING, HELPS IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CONTACT FOR BOMB PROOF OLDER HOUNDS THAT SPEAK ON FOX ONLY, BUT CAN BE HARD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THEM FOR MANY REASONS MORE SO NOW AS YOU FOLLOW A FALSE TRAIL REGARDS DABBER YOULL KNOW WHAT IM SAYING

dont know why it come up twice anyway attach pic of dog fox

Been busy mate ? hows the hunting going?nice big fox

GOT TOO ADMIRE SMALLER GUN PACKS ENTERING YOUNG HOUNDS AS IT CAN BE A VERY DIFFICULT AS YOU KNOW I WORK WITH A BIG MOUNTED PACK MUST BE HARD TO GET YOUNSTERS INTO FOXES TOO GET THEM TUNED IN TOO THE CORRECT SCENT AND NOT SPEAK ON ANYTHING, HELPS IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CONTACT FOR BOMB PROOF OLDER HOUNDS WHO SPEAK ON FOX ONLY BUT CAN BE HARD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THEM FOR MANY REASONS REGARDS DABBER

Got to agree with you mate im finding it very hard to get hold of any.I realy dont want to go back down the road of beagles .Nothing wrong at all with them just not suited to me

yes i agree with that 100% dabber,old hounds are worth there weight on gold,i got some when i first started out only because they were to old to keep up wiyh the younger hounds