Day out

Ive just came back from a good day out.After a disapointing day yesterday with the local hounds.I thought today scent would be just as bad.But as it has been all year the scent today was spot on .Its hit or miss i find this season either none or good scent.Ihad a organised shoot to attend with the hounds but it turned out i was left down with the amount of guns that turned up only 5.Not to worry we hunted for 4 hours rose 10 foxes but had 4 .The amount of shots that rang around locals would of thought it was the clay club (real bad shooting}.Not to worry more sport for next time .I had some real good runs with the hounds and was well pleased with them.End result 2 vixens ,2 dogs.

It was a farm that has produced many numbers for us over the years .We have had up to eight a day but we only get permision to hunt it about twice a year.But during the last 3 years we have only been down there twice .Thinks thats why numbers have gone up dramatically because to my knowledge nobody else hunts there because of the location.

good do pal. keep at it thumbs.gif

WE CANCELLED TODAY NOT MY DECISION WERE ON NEIGHBOURING SHOOT TO OURS NEVER MIND SNOWING LIKE HELL HERE BIG FLAKES SO BE OUT IN MORN FOR A RESULT GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY VALLY WILL PM YOU SOON REGARDS DABBER

[/quote

Sorry mate didnt see this reply,would be good to ear from you mate many thanks,p.s like the stamp of terrier in your picture .What terriers you own mate all blacks and chocolates?

valley,a lot of the time odd guns of mine dont turn up and its most when u need them a sometimes think theyd rather be shooting logs into the fire lol ,dab a hope you have a good day atb ,wullie

problem i had was the boys were shooting at anything that came out and the foxes kept turning.They were shooting at ducks ,woodcock e.t.c never the less nice to leave some behind for next time

One of the vixens we had today ony had 3 legs and was in a extremely poor condition. Its the second we have had on that farm in 2 years think its a released fox due to how clean the leg was amputated.Do they think they are helping the foxes?

Probably not the farmer, could well be anti's etc releasing town foxes in the area. Or another option could be people putting them into rescue homes/vets after hitting them in the car, then they release them from a roadside layby once healthy. Might explain why their so numerous in that area as well?

Check and see if theirs a rescue centre nearby? if so, then it should keep you in hunting for the future!