dogs jacking or cocking worst breeds for this

My dog is to clever for its own good. :whistling:

I had had hangover from new year came down stairs and I asked the dog how I looked...she said Ruff! mmn I thought smart f****r so I tried anouther question....name of old scotland goal keeper that played for us in the 70's first name Alan....dog said Ruff! 2 out of two....something harder this time....what do you call the long grass at the side of the fairway on a golf course...dog shook her head and said ruff...3 outa 3.....f*****g collie x's for you :wallbash:

A* Hahaha :clapper:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this question comes in 2 parts really . .as rabbit hare and deer are all flight prey ,this is the work that running dogs have been bred for ,for centuries. Jacking on this prey is , as most would agree, more often than not the owners fault .its not that the dog necessarily cant catch , its because it thinks it cant. Run on hares too young , if the first 10 get away without a turn ,game over for life. Ridiculously long slips on prey sat 5yards from a hedge, slipping a dog when its knackered , injured or unfit , they all break a dogs heart , and broken hearted dogs jack.the second part of the question is foxing with lurchers , different ball game and one i have little or no interest in. I imagine it takes a certain quality to kill something in a fight , but its not a quality i look for in my dogs.

Also think this is a excellent post, I think too many people expect to much from thier animals too young and end up with a new dog each season. Also agree with part two im not in to dog fighting.

just want to no guys what would be the worst type or pure or x for jacking /cocking/pulling up use make the judgement on this thanks t.d :thumbs::boogie:

does this include terriers, my mate is having trouble with his patterdale. when i se him i put him on to you. :whistling:

just want to no guys what would be the worst type or pure or x for jacking /cocking/pulling up use make the judgement on this thanks t.d :thumbs::boogie:

does this include terriers, my mate is having trouble with his patterdale. when i se him i put him on to you. :whistling:

ha ha problem solved i had to send him to dogy heaven where all shit dogs should go not sold on so il call up 2mrow to sort your kennels out 1st up that crunty jack russel

ha ha problem solved i had to send him to dogy heaven where all shit dogs should go not sold on so il call up 2mrow to sort your kennels out 1st up that crunty jack russel

more gutts than old blanket. i would of tried it with a teddy first. or a nightlite :big_boss:

is their anyway to get them back to giving it all they got. my dog is mediocre because it's my first sighthound & i'm pretty ignorant. i've also been damn lucky in the scenting dogs i've used before being too good. soi wouldn't consider myself a good trainer.

now the problem is my dog is still 100% gives everything he's got on fox but has started jacking on deer. good chances on deer are few & far between here because of the heavy cover, but every once in a while i can catch them on the wrong side of a field. but the dog has started pulling up even if he should have it to rights.

Every cross can be guilty of jacking,jibbing or cocking depending on how they were brought on and how hard they are pushed.

Folk are different mind...99 times out of 100 you will find the jackers and jibbers are the ones with the big mouths....all bark but usually with no bite to back it up ;)

Guest welshman

alot of dogs not bred for that kind of job will STOP they just do not have the lungs for the brown littal freind over the last 25 years alot of the first xs have bin a favrite yes man can be the cause of it and other things can make them STOP injurys undetected but some just have anothe ive had them saw a few of the so call TOP DOGS do it but this is just my VEIW :thumbs:

is their anyway to get them back to giving it all they got. my dog is mediocre because it's my first sighthound & i'm pretty ignorant. i've also been damn lucky in the scenting dogs i've used before being too good. soi wouldn't consider myself a good trainer.

now the problem is my dog is still 100% gives everything he's got on fox but has started jacking on deer. good chances on deer are few & far between here because of the heavy cover, but every once in a while i can catch them on the wrong side of a field. but the dog has started pulling up even if he should have it to rights.

I would say as the dog is ok on fox , hes not jacking on deer due to the pain of being kicked about , he just thinks he cant catch them. Yes he can be sorted out. If it was me there are 2or 3 things i would try , dont know if these options are available to you. 1 . .i would run him doubled up with a good deer dog ,on great running ground even if i had to travel to find that land. We all like our deer dogs singlehanded , but an experienced dog can bring a novice on. Chances are the carcus will not be a pretty sight but it will be ok for dog food. 2. . .the next time you get this dog on a deer , make sure he truly enjoys the kill , slit the throat vertically from the chin down, open up the whole neck and put the dog head in amongst all that hot blood and meat , and let him take his fill for 10mins. (you should dispatch the deer first) i use this method to get dogs that wont come off the back leg , onto the throat, he will love the hot blood. 3. . .can you use a team of beaters to beat the cover and drive the deer onto good running ground for the dog , you will learn where the runs are and can wait quite close to slip the dog. Whether any of this is possible or not , DO NOT under any circumstances continue to slip the dog on deer until he has been allowed to gorge himself on a kill , even if you have to shoot one and open the throat right up for him , but it would be better if he coursed it himself with a good deer dog. . . .good luck , these are trade secrets !! We always tell the antis , the dogs either do it or they dont you cant make them do it ! . . . . .errr , not strictly true !!!!

dog got to be fit :big_boss: no good keeping them in weeks on end

and expect mirracles :thumbs:

No certain type of dog, just sh=t owners

True could be the owners, and most of these will own saluki crosses