Hey,

Recently come into a fairly large bit of land to hunt, but thing is on this particular piece i'm only allowed to use an air rifle. Been using a Webley with Simmons scope that i've had for years an it's seen ALOT of service. The new hunting ground justifies a new gun (what an excuse!) and i was hoping for some suggestions on which make/model - i'm looking for very good accuracy and stopping power. I've been looking at the BSA R-10

A new site might be nice and all - any thoughts?

Peace,

Jai.

Interestingly Zini has bothe the HW100KT and the R10 and in one of his posts he rated the R10 higher.

He may be along soon and be happy to steer you in the right direction, but to be honest any of the quality PCPs with do the job - Air Arms, BSA, Daystate,FX, Weihrauch etc....

Cheers

Sib

Hi Jai pal :welcomeani:,

If you have the money to buy a BSA R10 then i would say go for it as you will have a brilliant rifle pal.

I shoot a .22 calibre R10 and cant rate them enough.

They are accuarte and consistant due to the excellant regulator and they hit hard with 16 grain FX pellets.

If you want to quiet the rifle down then buy a extra SAK silencer for £33. Its well worth the extra bit of cash.

As already stated the Weihrauch HW100KT is also another mint rifle and i own one of them too.

If you want to shoot from a vehicle then go for the Weihauch as its smaller in length and is easy to move around, but if you want to shoot in the woods or around a farm where there is more space then i would choose the R10 for its high shot capasity and it being a real pleasure to shoot.

I just love mine to bits and have had a few kills with it over the past few months.

Accuracy wise they are both the same and i wouldnt say one is better than the other. I have killed out to 55 metres with them both.

Which ever rifle you choose from the above 2 you wont go wrong i promise you pal.

If you want to know which one i would choose if i had to pick only 1 then without a pause i would say the R10.

They are fab

I hope this hepls

Zini

Edited by zini

Hi Jai pal :welcomeani:,

If you have the money to buy a BSA R10 then i would say go for it as you will have a brilliant rifle pal.

I shoot a .22 calibre R10 and cant rate them enough.

They are accuarte and consistant due to the excellant regulator and they hit hard with 16 grain FX pellets.

If you want to quiet the rifle down then buy a extra SAK silencer for £33. Its well worth the extra bit of cash.

As already stated the Weihrauch HW100KT is also another mint rifle and i own one of them too.

If you want to shoot from a vehicle then go for the Weihauch as its smaller in length but if you want to shoot in the woods or around a farm then i would choose the R10.

Accuracy wise they are both the same.

Which ever rifle you choose you wont go wrong i promise you.

Zini

Thanks for the advice mate! I think i'm gonna get an R10 when i next get payed :-) Any suggestions on scopes? I watched some of your vids - some cracking shots mate!

• 4 weeks later...

i think zini could help with the scope idea as i was reading in the airgun world mag (dec 09) that did a test with the new R10 and it goes as follows....

" i think it would be better to have the sight mounting rail on it, rather than the grooves currently cut into the action block. this would not only look better, but raise the height of the scope by a few millimeters and allow the comfortable fitting of the 40mm objective scopes using low-medium mounts. the 40mm scope on the test rifle was no more that a thou' or two from touching the barrel shroud but it lined up perfectly with my eye, i'd prefer to have a bit more space between the barrel shroud and the scope but didnt want to go up a size in mount" :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

dam those guys are picky :wallbash: .... sounds like if you want a larger than 40mm scope then you will need high mounts which will bring your eye up from the stock.. personnel thing i guess??

good luck bud :thumbs:

lex

Edited by Alexisrouzee

in the same price range as the bsa r10 (£650 pounds) you could get a air arms s410, weley venom sidewinder (oh i love these guns so much!), hw100 would be a little past your range at £700, flacon praire, bsa superten or a air arms s510. in my opinion, if i had your money i would go for the webley venom sidewinder carbine as these look great and have got good ratings too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIaQPMGJiHs :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (the gun by the wsay, not steve price)

Edited by aaronpigeonplucker

The ultimate hunting rifle is the theoben rapids, there extremely accurate, extremely reliable, massive shot count, 12 shot mags, or 17 shot in .177, also if you decide in the future to apply for your fac, you can get them upgraded for just over £100, the new mk2's are the best, you can't go wrong with a rapid, some people can get less than 1 inch groups at 100 yards, that is fac though, around 30 ft/lb, still it shows what there capable of.

ive had a few and found im happiest with my aa400 it's a carbine but is regged so gets plenty of shots to fill really nice feel. ive got a power prolem though which im trying to adress might put a thread up actually. but like said theyre all excellent these days best off going down shop and having a feel of em good luck whatever youget :thumbs: