greyhoung x bull

Guest earthmover

Jack Williams would you seriously think a 1st cross would be easier to train and control,I'm not doubting you I'm genuinly asking you.I have a mate that has a wheaten\greyhound with a little bull thrown in and hes a maniac with rabbits , squashes em to bits.I just wont go for rabbits with him anymore.As a fox dog or anything bigger hes commited but to me hes of limited use as hes a liability out.A lot of effort and time has been put into this dog to stock break him.He will take down a sheep in a moment .looking at the dogs on here they seem to be biddable in the extreme.How about net work,in the right hands is it possible to keep them off the nets.

hi earth mover, ive got one, brilliant! will never go back to something with out bull in it! works hard , runs hard, whatever i come across of a night, its nice to know i can cstch em, single. & and above all hes an absolute baby when not on the hunting field! :D

Jigsaw, your mates dog is'nt a 1st cross though :unsure: It has wheaten in, perhaps a combination of the two make for a harder dog???

Ive a 1st cross and she has been a doddle to train, just wants to please, as do most bulls.

Apart from the rare psycho dog, most dogs can be trained to do most things aslong as the training is correct.

MOLL.

I have to say the bull crosses are magnificent looking,just find it hard to see one obedient enough to leave the nets well alone.I have trained a lurcher or two to a fairly decent level of obedience ,hell it would be a test of endurance and patience for both me and the dog.Any more comments and opinions on this aspect of the bull cross would be appreciated and more photos if you have them please.Jigsaw.