1st X,GWPxGSP

Right folks pick your brains time again please.Could any members give me there experiences of this cross GWPxGSP please,i know at the end of the day theyre mongrels,but do they make a good HPR,or would it be better to go for the pure breed. neither sire or dam have ever worked and they are from irish lines and the pups are 10 weeks old thanks in advance.paul

Edited by happy larry

Hello paul having kept GWP's I cannot see what the GSP will bring to the mix mate. In my opinion the GWP is the ultimate versatile gundog for a rough shooter, thats only my opinion however. I am currently looking for a dog purely for wildfowling as I no longer do any rough shooting and would like a good lab x GWP as all it will be doing is retrieving and I have had good reports on this cross and having kept wirehairs previously I would like some GWP blood in any pup I get but that is only my personal choice.

If you are looking for a working dog I would be very reluctant to get a pup from 2 non working parents as well mate, regardless of the breeds.

Don't rush into buying a pup mate there will be plenty of working litters in the spring.

Hurlock