Hunting Horns

I am looking for any information on huntong horn sales and makers. Specifcally a freind of mine purchased a horn from a fellow in England he was an instrument maker and made and shipped the horn which is first coass for a very reasonable fee it has a really good sound unfortunately my freind lost all the detaisl for the chap that made his. Any ionformation would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for any information on huntong horn sales and makers. Specifcally a freind of mine purchased a horn from a fellow in England he was an instrument maker and made and shipped the horn which is first coass for a very reasonable fee it has a really good sound unfortunately my freind lost all the detaisl for the chap that made his. Any ionformation would be greatly appreciated.

IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY THERE WAS A GUY WHO ADVERTISED IN COUTRYMANS WEEKLY A GOOD WHILE AGO A LAD I KNOW GOT ONE SENT WASNT A LOT OF MONEY

BUT WHEN I WRUNG HIM SIAD HE DIDNT HAVE TIME BUT WOULD RING ME NEVER HEARD OUT TRY EBAY I HAVE 2 ONE I GOT FROM ANTIQUE SHOP BUT WASNT CHEAP REGARDS DABBER

There was a bloke who used to make wooden horns advertised in Hounds mag, also there was a bloke called "\Keats" i think, used to come to Lowther, search google?

• 2 weeks later...

I would try ebay mate ,but make sure they are actual working horns my mate bought one cheap looked like the real thing but when he receaved it ,it was so hard to blowlol

I HAVE 2 ONE IS THE REAL JOB THE OTHER BLOWS YA BRAIN OUT THEY CAN FETCH STRONG MONEY IF YOUR LUCKY YA CAN SOMETIMES PICK ONE UP CHEAP REGARDS DABBER HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS

:drink:

You could try Ebay.

I have since found out that the instrument maker that made the horn for my friend was called richard and come from yorkshire. Any info appreciated thank for replies so far . Not looking to buy off e can

there was a lad in barnsley called dave that used to make them a few years ago. i will try to find out sme more info.

• 2 weeks later...