Help a novice

Hi,

I am a new member, so firstly, Hello to all members of THE HUNTING LIFE.

I used to own a BSA Meteor 35 years ago and hunted Rabbit, Pheasant, Woodies etc, now 35 years later I would like to get back to the hunting life and would like to try a full power co2/p,charge gun. The problem I have is a have a very small budget of £100, can anyone do what may seem impossible and advise me of a gun that would do the job, I have looked at the .22 SMK XS79 but it would seem to be a tad under max power (maybe it can be tuned). Please help if you can, I am so out of touch with air rifles after a 35 year break.

for that money stick with meteor that a realy reliable gun all good fullpower guns are £300+ and no co2 it realy bad in cold

hope that helps

Unfortunately my Meteor has long since gone and I am stuck with a £100 buget, I am going to try the SMK SX79, I've looked at reviews and they may be a tad under power but they are said to be very accurate which should make up for the lower power. I do understand what they say about cold weather affecting performance, maybe someone else has some experience of this or has a SX79, would be good to hear how they get on with the rifle. Thank you pest hunter for taking the time to reply.

Regards PCplod.

i've had a xs78 same gun different fill amount but basically unless your prepared to invest time and money tuning it its pants, i personally would save up a bit more and try to get hold of a decent springer hw95 or 77 but tis down to you in the end, i know the xs has potential but out of the box its useless, if you do get one try second hand thats been tuned :thumbs:

i've had a xs78 same gun different fill amount but basically unless your prepared to invest time and money tuning it its pants, i personally would save up a bit more and try to get hold of a decent springer hw95 or 77 but tis down to you in the end, i know the xs has potential but out of the box its useless, if you do get one try second hand thats been tuned :thumbs:

Ops! to late, I got the xs79, I was reading some good online reviews and went for it, I really hope it's not as bad as you say it is, ie "pants". I paid £120 second hand with 3-9x40 scope and silencer, a tin of pellets thrown in. WAS THAT BAD? HAVE I JUST MADE A BIG MISTAKE?, ah well we will have to suck it and see.

Thanks Wuzzy for your advice.

PCplod