SHIT start!!!..

Kye

Crops have started to come down, game EVERYWHERE..

Sounds great eh?...wrong!

Started getting the dogs fit, and they was coming on nice, but not for long...

Blister (male Stag) hurt himself while killing a coon (bite to the shoulder joint, right in the bone) he seemed fine at the time, next morning he couldnt even walk...off to the vets, they say he has torn all the ligaments in his shoulder!...he has a rough coat, so the wound was real hard to find...so he was laid up, but soon healed with Meds and good grub and rub downs etc.

Tor (bitch Stag) came in heat and struggled...it was her first one, and she managed to get bad mastitis (spl?)...vet give her a hormone jab, which cures the mastitis, but bring her in season AGAIN!...

So she is just getting over all that, went out on the lamp....finished a coon, no bother, ran some bigger stuff, in realy tall wet grass, took a tumble and it looks like she has broken her f*****g tail now!...went to the vet, they said it was hard to tell with the swelling, but just been having a feel and it feels knackered to me...whats worse is that its about four inches from the base...so im gonna have a 31" sighthound with a tail like a terrier... :cry::cry: ...god knows how long she will be out for!?

Slag (the wifes brindle bitch) smashed a toe in 17 places and had to have it taken off, and because she has been around Tor, she come in heat as well...

Can you f*****g beleave it!?...they say only the good ones get hurt!...i must have some world beaters!

Anyone had a big lurcher have a tail off?...imo, it wont effect her...she was never gonna be a small game dog anyway, and Coyotes/fox/coon etc dont turn to good anyay (well maybe a few foxs will out jink her!)

Last season she was showing promise on hares...i hope it dont affect her to bad!?...she is so well bred, and she is so game yet such a kind gentle bitch, i still have high hopes for her!

Hope everyone else is doing better!... :)

Lets hope so Moll!..lol...im not sure regarding the tail, i was hoping Socks or Trev would see this, and say what they think?..

Chilli, the Vets hear are GREAT...we got a years supply of meds for the terriers, and that Toe taken off...cost us $92.00...thats about 25 pound!... :clapper: ...cant be bad eh!?...rather still have the toe on the bitch though..

Kye,..

been away mate and just got back and read the post ... unfortunately because a tail is made up from segments and not one long bone if you have a break 90% of the time it means you have to amputate as there is nothing to knit together and the piece of tail above the break will die ..... if not removed it will become infected and will cause all sorts of problems .... in saying that i have seen broken tails that were left and knitted back at an awkward angle and were ok .... but i wouldnt take the risk .... i have also healed damaged tails by fashioning a splint out of a lengh of hose pipe so if the vet reckons it can be saved have a go yourself mate ............

Thanks for the replys guys...

Seeing as we only have a old country type vet, they only do surgery on certain days...so she is booked in for wednesday to have it off...im not that bothered, its just one of them things...she done it working, so hat can you do eh?..

Badger, anytime you wanna get rid of that leggy patterdale, im your man!.. :D

Yeah, its bad luck Taffy eh...thats what happens though i guess...the little fellah is doing great at my Bros place...cant wait to get him over here...should be just what we need!.. :thumbs-up:

Cheers Socks...it didnt seem to bother her...but she is a very tough bitch...although she 'aint done a whole lot yet, she has that 'something' about her if you know what i mean?...the tail will come off, then e can start off where we left...getting fit and ready for them 'Yotes!... :clapper::D

Kye,..