steven

Everyone has their own idea what age to start them off it seems. :blink::)

If you have brought your ferrets up from young and know them all individually, by having contact with them everyday, you will know which ones are ready from 4 months onwards.

Saying this, gentle entering, say an hour or 2 at the most in the morning, with shallow small burys that might hold a couple of bunnys, would be better, then huge 10ft warrens with shelfs, hiding corners ect in them. ;)

From 4 months onwards, in my experince.

I have 3 ferrets, 2 jill and a hob. The polecat jill and hob have been genlty enterd, but my dark sandy jill, who is about the same age, is smaller then the poley jill, so might wait a wee while to enter her.

Frank.

Have used some at about 8 weeks old but generally like them at least 12 weeks old.

:no: :no: That's just wrong entering them in that early they are neither strong enough or mature enough to work at that age. They could end up getting killed or seriously injured by either a big buck or a rat and an encounter with either might put them off for life at that age. I will not start working mine until at least 6 months of age at the earliest.

now then lads, what we do with our's is enter the adult ferret/ferrets depending on set size. the if theres a bunny at home , and in a stop end we dig the ferret out and enter the young guns :D :11: and let then fined the rabbit :rolleyes: would you say thats a good idea? im only a young gun my self but thats what we do :rocker:

cheers devvo :drink: