cocker pup

hi guys 3 weeks ago i picked up my cocker pup and im not sure if his family were working dogs hes got more than 80 FTCH to his name what does that mean when i picked him up the breader showed me his grand parent in the shooting times in centre pages winning some trophy was his family show dogs or workers

there is a few winners in the family tree thing he gave me i cant remember the name but ill give you a few mallowdale rackatear..danderw druid..tony shingle stella of danderw..wernffrwd dai bitch..dearn valley venus and there is alot of welsh names in the dogs gt gt gt parents

the picture was of a older man holding the dog under his arm holding a cup

i dont know much or anything about working dogs but i can see with his family tree it looks like there was alot of inbreading in there i would just like to know and find out some information on his family and how good some of the dogs were at field trials

there is a few winners in the family tree thing he gave me i cant remember the name but ill give you a few mallowdale rackatear..danderw druid..tony shingle stella of danderw..wernffrwd dai bitch..dearn valley venus and there is alot of welsh names in the dogs gt gt gt parents

the picture was of a older man holding the dog under his arm holding a cup

you have a pup out of top lines there mate ;)

im still waiting on the kc 5 generation family tree that i bought i took my pup out the other day and met a cocker that was the same age 12 weeks and mine was about double its size :laugh: the breader says the dog has loads a welsh blood in it

is there much people that know alot about kc names on here i would like to get some history of its family

here is some latest ftch names

so here is his dads side.....mallowdale rackatear..parkbreck perfectionx2..bellsmill jet..wernffrwd siarl..wernffrwd ammw..jasper of parkbreckx2..zelda of cadbolx2..dolqarreg aronx2..

reason ive put X2 is they seem to have been used twice

his mothers side.....danderw druid..dearn valley venus..mallowdale rackatear..tony shingle stella of danderw..wernffrwd darbachx2..wernffrwd siarl..kenine golden flash..wernffrwd silkx3..park breck jake..maesydeywen kestrelx3..maesyderwen jackdal..anahar allspice..swallow law snipe..werffrwd helynqoch..qwibernawt llewelyn..wernffrwd citwt..zelda of cadboll..jasper of parkbreck..lady king thorpe

as you can see one of the names is on his dads side to and some have been used three times on his mums side some amount of in-breading

oh and the spelling maybe wrong on some names as i find it hard to read the hand writing

hi guys 3 weeks ago i picked up my cocker pup and im not sure if his family were working dogs hes got more than 80 FTCH to his name what does that mean when i picked him up the breader showed me his grand parent in the shooting times in centre pages winning some trophy was his family show dogs or workers

its got it in it now bring it out but do it slow

here is some latest ftch names

so here is his dads side.....mallowdale rackatear..parkbreck perfectionx2..bellsmill jet..wernffrwd siarl..wernffrwd ammw..jasper of parkbreckx2..zelda of cadbolx2..dolqarreg aronx2..

reason ive put X2 is they seem to have been used twice

his mothers side.....danderw druid..dearn valley venus..mallowdale rackatear..tony shingle stella of danderw..wernffrwd darbachx2..wernffrwd siarl..kenine golden flash..wernffrwd silkx3..park breck jake..maesydeywen kestrelx3..maesyderwen jackdal..anahar allspice..swallow law snipe..werffrwd helynqoch..qwibernawt llewelyn..wernffrwd citwt..zelda of cadboll..jasper of parkbreck..lady king thorpe

as you can see one of the names is on his dads side to and some have been used three times on his mums side some amount of in-breading

oh and the spelling maybe wrong on some names as i find it hard to read the hand writing

Seeing the same name a couple of times in a 5 Gen pedigree is not unusual. some lines tend to do it more than others :whistling:

Both the Grand Sire of Dam & Sire are Ian Opies dog, that's who you'll have seen in the pics in shooting times

Have a read of Ian here, and you can see some of the dogs mentioned.

http://www.rytexgundogs.com/index.htm

My bitch is out of Dearnvalley Venus lovely looking bitch getting on now, i had a pup out of her last litter. My pup is out of Dearnvalley Venus x Mallowdale Grand.

aye i seen your picture of your bitch its a lovely looking dog my dogs mother is from danderw druid and dearnvalley venus

have you any pictures of dearnvalley venus