Chewed fuel pipes!!!

Last week my parents car and my neighbours car both diesels had to go to the garage due to fuel problems! Turns out something had chewed through the fuel pipes on both cars!! :icon_eek: !

What would you say caused this damage rats or mice?

I baited an area by my garage tonight and after an hour of waiting all that came to munch the bait was a neighbours cat :censored: !

So I am going to have another go tomorrow with some peanut butter and see if that brings anything out!!

Hi Logun,

With you coming from Wales and me knowing that there are alot of Pine Martins there as witnessed by myself when there on holiday i would say that the problem that you are having is with them mate.

I lived in Germany for many years and we had the same problem with them there.

The Germans call them Stein Marder (excuse the spelling) but they cause many problems in the Winter when they crawl under car bonnets to stay warm at night after hunting.

They love cables and fuel pipes.

Zini

according to nature surveys there is only about 60 in england and wales so i wouldn't shoot it,just admire it it was thought to be extinct :thumbs: just put some silicone spray on all the fuel pipes and brake lines oh and ht leads they love them, but seriously use silicone spray they sell it in Germany to deter them. hope this helps :victory: