what scope?

what is the best scope to use on a BSA Xl tactical (lightning)? neeeeeeed helpppppp!!:(

I have a rather nice set of Brand new Richter Optik 3-9x50AO IR scopes with a set of high mounts for sale mate.....

Great in low light and crystal clear. I never used them as I got my Tascos instead

Yours for £50 posted

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

i personally wouldnt get anything too amazing as i dont see the point when fitting to an air rifle you can get plenty decent enough ones for around £50 second hand. ive got a few kicking about off the top of my head a webley platinum ?-?x50 cant remember zoom but its a lot, tasco 4x32 was on my bsa supersport for years great little scope, a leupold mk4 ?-?x40 which i think is a copy if i remember right although it looks very very convincing if anyone knows how to tell itd be appreciate and a bsa sweet 17 which is more a rifle scope i think i bought it to put on an air rifle and decided not to. but any of thoughs youre welcome to have for a bit of dosh too if you like. good luck whatever you do mate :thumbs:

what is the best scope to use on a BSA Xl tactical (lightning)? neeeeeeed helpppppp!!:(

I have a rather nice set of Brand new Richter Optik 3-9x50AO IR scopes with a set of high mounts for sale mate.....

Great in low light and crystal clear. I never used them as I got my Tascos instead

Yours for £50 posted

Darryl

cheers mate i might go to my local gun shop and have a ask in there first :)

i've got a centerpoint 4-16x56 powerclass with 30mm tube, sidewheel parallax and mil-dot il-ret red/green on my .22lr i paid £195 for it and its worth double in my opinion there real quality scopes and i would advise anyone to atleast have a look at them there quite cheap on opticswarehouse

post-44196-126031211807_thumb.jpg

post-44196-126031214988_thumb.jpg

post-44196-126031224628_thumb.jpg

Edited by bicykillgaz

I'd recommend you buy something with the letters AO in the name. This means you can adjust the focus, similar to binoculars.

Unfortunately, most scopes are made for FAC rifles and are permanently fixed at 100yards/metres. With an adjustable objective (the AO bit) you can set it to about 30 yards, much more suitable for air gunning.

I can highly recommend a good value scope in the Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4x32 AO, a serious bargain at £29 brand new!

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=Nikko+Stirling+Mountmaster+A%2FO

Hi Mr.BSA,

If you dont want to spend a lot but want a good scope go onto EBay and search for this:

Tasco 6-24x50 mil dot

The scope comes with Illume and AO as standard.

The AO means adjustable objective lense so the paralex can be reduced and the Ill is a red and green mil dot system.

They come from Hong Kong and it costs about £40 with postage.

I have used one on my BSA R10 since i owned it and i have had some good results shootong vermin with it.

Regards

Zini

Edited by zini

I just rang my mate to tell him because he was lookin for new scopes to, think he is gonna get them too :thumbs:

Darryl are they coppies or something then?

Zak

I think they could well be for that price mate....

They come delivered in a plain brown box with "Riflescope" written on it..... they take quite a bit of packing under the rear mount to bring it in to zero but as both Zini and I have proved going off our previous hunting posts....they do work :thumbs:

Darryl