bull in nuttall

hello! from new zealand.my 3rd gen grandfather had brought terriers!from england,the story goes they had a mixture of fighting bulldog blood?this was 1850s.& they still today,look like they have some sort of "bull&terrier" type apperance.does anyone know? if they were crossed for sure this way?our dogs from devon&cornwall,we use these terriers for flushing wild boars out of the thick undergrowth?we dont even know what breed of terrier they are? but work extremley well!height=12-15inchs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eastmids

hello! from new zealand.my 3rd gen grandfather had brought terriers!from england,the story goes they had a mixture of fighting bulldog blood?this was 1850s.& they still today,look like they have some sort of "bull&terrier" type apperance.does anyone know? if they were crossed for sure this way?our dogs from devon&cornwall,we use these terriers for flushing wild boars out of the thick undergrowth?we dont even know what breed of terrier they are? but work extremley well!height=12-15inchs

would be great to see some pictures of the terriers you use chris wlcome to the site.

interesting mate put some pics on,welcome :thumbs:

Its all bully, apart from the odd one mate.

Every 10 generations or so the bull should go in to bring the bone and head size up, if you don't breed back to staff bull blood they get snipey heads in your line or strain of terrier, to breed bull blood out you use different lines of terriers or all the same lakeys, border lakelands, patterdales, jack russells

Edited by BEARINATOR

Its all bully, apart from the odd one mate.

Every 10 generations or so the bull should go in to bring the bone and head size up, if you don't breed back to staff bull blood they get snipey heads in your line or strain of terrier, to breed bull blood out you use different lines of terriers or all the same lakeys, border lakelands, patterdales, jack russells

yep absolutely. and some of the first bull crossess are the best diggin dogs??

• 5 months later...

would be great to see some pictures of the terriers you use chris wlcome to the site.

here's a pic of a young fella.littermates wer of diff! colours eg;black,red with white marks.will get some action pics soon.

Edited by chrisnb159

I have a Nuttal/Wheeler Patterdale, am always getting asked if he's a Staff pup!! Pics not the best, cant get him to stand still long enough.

post-22143-126003343834_thumb.jpg

post-22143-126003345697_thumb.jpg

nice dog how old is he :thumbs:

must be 3mnths! they dont breed true! too type or color? i think this is because of selection over many years.as dogs were & still are bred on ability too hunt. not looks or colour.