Ferret, Mink, Rat

why have you put this up?

I put it up because I thought that people would be interested in seeing that others have been keeping mink as pets for years.

A friend in Europe keeps only mink as pets and she has done so for the past 40 years

see the bit i put up in the mink and ferret pics,well done bunny boy,keep hunting

That is why i thought that you may be interested in it.

see the bit i put up in the mink and ferret pics,well done bunny boy,keep hunting

That is why i thought that you may be interested in it.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Was a little bit 'Furtive' about what became of that rat, wasn't it? ;)

I've personally seen ferrets and guinea pigs living together and feeding from the same bowl ~ I mention that because some people here would rather read some interesting sh*t than try to raise it :rolleyes:

But then; I've seen a man running and sh*tting at the same time ....! :icon_eek:

Was a little bit 'Furtive' about what became of that rat, wasn't it? ;)

I've personally seen ferrets and guinea pigs living together and feeding from the same bowl ~ I mention that because some people here would rather read some interesting sh*t than try to raise it :rolleyes:

But then; I've seen a man running and sh*tting at the same time ....! :icon_eek:

I have seen pictures of coney and mustelids that some guy keeps together, I've also read some of his post were he has had the two types of animals out in public together

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Which particular type of mustalids, mate? And, if they were ferrets; I wonder if they'd still work wild rabbits?

F***ing incredible, some of these little known glitch in the matrix type facts, aren't they? Just goes to show; We should never assume anything 'simply couldn't happen / be done' :good:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
change sleeping quarters daily .

Now That caught my eye! It's said that mink, other than a nursing bitch, stay moving round a circuit. Times stated for completion of said circuit differ with the tellers, but they seem to be believed to have a routine. Point being, they say if ye miss him on Thursday, ye should have him by about Thursday week. Don't look at me as I just don't know yet.

But I wonder if that behaviour you've observed there is a conditioned response to this basic 'need' to keep moving, in the wild?

Interesting and thought provoking, no?

Which particular type of mustalids, mate? And, if they were ferrets; I wonder if they'd still work wild rabbits?

F***ing incredible, some of these little known glitch in the matrix type facts, aren't they? Just goes to show; We should never assume anything 'simply couldn't happen / be done' :good:

The ferrets were still used for working and they would never kill any rabbits, the hob had to be put in to drag any stubborn rabbit out

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Weird sh!t, eh? But then I guess the rabbits they lived with must have smelled entirely differant from wild ones. Instinct would do the rest. They'd know how to attack a rabbit with their eyes closed; But the ones they were brought up with would have smelled like 'Rabrets'. Entirely differant animal. Crazy world.

Thanks for the info' :good:

Weird sh!t, eh? But then I guess the rabbits they lived with must have smelled entirely differant from wild ones. Instinct would do the rest. They'd know how to attack a rabbit with their eyes closed; But the ones they were brought up with would have smelled like 'Rabrets'. Entirely differant animal. Crazy world.

Thanks for the info' :good:

And the rabbits used to beat the ferrets up as well as the new pup when out playing