Saturday morn

Guest Dunna

I wanted to go out with the terriers for the last few weeks and finally decided to go out Saturday morning. It was raining slightly so the weather was in my favour. I was glad it wasn't warm like the previous days. Anyway i loaded the terriers, Red my 3 and a hlf year old and Coco my young bitch who now is approaching her second birthday and off i went. The earth i was going to try has provided me with plenty off sport in the last 2 years so thought i might give it a go. After a half an hour drive i reached my destination, a short walk followed across a field and into the woods. I had visions of the earth in my head with kicked out earth and paths going into it and i wasn't wrong. Collared up Red and let him off to do his thing. He went to each of the entrances, sniffed and walked away (at this time i was thinking to myself "you must be joking" but the dog knows best) and while this thought was going through my head he disappeared down a different entrance that wasn't there last season. It wasn't long before he was sounding away. I got a mark at 3 foot, left him a few mins and then he was gone. He was getting the run around for almost 20 mins now before i got a steady mark again at 3 foot. The sun was after making an appearance at this stage and i was soon feeling it, i could just imagine how the dog was feeling below the ground. I left him again for a few mins before starting to dig. The earth was soft and was down in no time with Red fast on charlie. Got the dog out and then introduced my bitch. It was the third fox she's seen and i was delighted as she went at it as if she was doing it for the last few seasons. I back filled and made my way back to the car a happy man. Both dogs did well and i hope this is a taste of the up coming season. Theres no feeling in the world like it. Sorry for not having pics as the camera is being fixed but i'll have some next time.

Happy Hunting