Saluki X Whippet greyhound

Go for it mate.My old bitch is predominantly that cross and has exelled at rabbiting.thumbs.gif atb dell

Thats good to know, What of their intelligence? are they malable? I'm only concerned due to the massive sighthound blood, i've had collie X's before you see.

Go for it mate.My old bitch is predominantly that cross and has exelled at rabbiting.thumbs.gif atb dell

Thats good to know, What of their intelligence? are they malable? I'm only concerned due to the massive sighthound blood, i've had collie X's before you see.

Dont get me wrong their not as responsive as collie crosses then wat cross is.Its a case of takeing them ferreting [bANNED TEXT] young though mine has always worked with my spaniels and has caught more than her share of rabbits being flushed from cover.atb dell

Hi chaps and chapets,

I have the oppotunity to own one of the said crosses. £100.00. I need a ferreting companion. what do you think? :hmm:

I've owned this type of cross now for the past five years and I have no complaints, before I owned one I thought it's not the type I would fancy owning but I've been converted, I have 3 now each one completly different in nature but each one has a great mouth. I've always said, you can have the fastest dog in the world but if it's not got a good mouth then It's no good to me, and they can be a lot more than a ferreting companion, so go for it and good luck.

do they tend to give any tongue on the chase, if started fairly young? I'm likely to go for it i think, all the comments have been really helpful :notworthy: . I really had no oppinion of the saluki cross. never had one, just heard the usual stories of "they are selectively deaf" only work when they want to" etc.

Dont get me wrong their not as responsive as collie crosses then wat cross is.Its a case of takeing them ferreting [bANNED TEXT] young though mine has always worked with my spaniels and has caught more than her share of rabbits being flushed from cover.atb dell

Thats good to know mate. I need a dog to work with the long nets and ferrets so need a bit of speed for the runners.

good little dogs but for rabbiting in winter not that we get the hard frosts of a decade or two i would make sure get one with a good coat cause there nothing worse than watching a dog shiver and lose intrest ,got a saluki cross merlinand eve lines back to three qaurter greyhound one qaurt whippet .good dog dont get the whippety ones look for the ones with big strong feet thta can take a bit punishment mate ,all the best