most sub 12 rifles will drop rabits at 40yds if they are pushig close to 12. it all depend how much you want 2 spend.

you can buy a grat springer for about £300-£500 and if you want a prechared shooter you can spend £400-£1000 plus

also i would probably get a .177 for the futher distance's i have a .22 at the moment, but when i change im goiing .177 tho.

Its down to personal preferance what gun you want tho. If you get air rifle magazine (airgunner or airgun world) have a look through and there is loads of ads in them for different shooters.

I own a AirArms s410 and the only other guns i would like to have is a Daystate Airwolf MCT or a FX Verminator.

Atb mate Zak.

how much are you wanting to spend and about the distance surely there must be some cover close to them so u can sit and wait for them to pop out as yds is about yourt limit with sub 12 and to start from scratch shooting rabbits at 40 yds aint goin to be easy so by the time you have dropped a few you prob wont get 60 yds to them not putting spanner in works mate but just trying to get you to think of other options or get some cammo net if its open fields and drape it over your back whiile laid down and get wind in your face you should get atleast 20 yds

atb

kev

If it's your first gun I would go for a springer without a scope, by all means buy one but learn to shoot with iron sights and you will be a much more confident shooter.

As for a gun I would say something like a BSA lightening on one of the HW range both are good makes and perform well.

I wouldn't spend a fortune to start with if I was you.

Good luck, any more questions just ask.

Paddy