There you go. ;)

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 pm Post subject: Air Arms s200 Review

Around last November I lost my job due to a sports injury. So when times got hard all the non essentials had to go so I reluctantly got rid of my s400k and BSA super10. After about three months of no shooting I was missing it terribly so I got some cash together and with my tight budget I bought a Mk 1 Air arms s200 in .22 flavour for £150.

This gun has a lot of fans who say it is a good value light and very accurate rifle.

This is what I think off the gun.

Looks. People say looks aren’t important but every one likes a nice looking piece of kit.

My s200 is about the ugliest gun ever mate with a ugly beech two piece stock and a cheap looking plastic bolt.

Handling. People say that the s200 is a very light gun. I found that the s200 is a very similar weight to my old s410k but is not ass well balances so it doesn’t fit me as well. The target style stock is also a bit marmite and some people who shot it struggled to get enough eye relief no mater were the scope was mounted. I think this could easily be solved by buying one of those raised cheek pieces.

Performance. Accuracy goes the s200 is up there with the best of them and can easily out shoot the shooter behind it. It is an extremely solid and robust gun witch is what you would expect from a gun which is made by CZ. The silencer It came with wasn’t the best but it was sufficient enough.

Conclusion. The s200 has been used and preformed excellently over the last few months. I know some of my comments on the way it handles and some of he cheap plastic parts sound quite negative but I have been spoilt with very expensive PCPs and all of these problems can be solved with a few custom parts. I would recommend the s200 to anyone on a budget who wants a no nonsense PCP.

I have an S200 (bikini stock).

I rate these rifles very highly indeed :) it gives very consistent performance, allowing me to put 10 .22 shots into the target producing a hole that is smaller than that of a 5p piece :clapper:

Its a wonderful rifle indeed, just BUTT fecking uglyicon_eek.gif

Still the bunnies seem to find it really attractive, cuz they keep falling for ityes.gif

Phantom