liverpool leeds canal fishing for pike

Iv caught plenty on the L to L canal, never very big so use a really light rod to get the maximum sport. Round the mariners or any other features like weeds and bridges, any plugs or spinners will work. Try something with a rattle in as the water can be cloudy. I never catch much after heavy rain, I guess as the water is dirty with road and path water run off. Try slowly wobbling a dead bait in winter.

i fish the leeds liverpool quite often around chorley and other areas, in fact was there on sunday. only had one fish of around 7 lb . tried loads of different lures jerkbait , plugs, spinnerbaits, rubber worms the lot the only thing that got a bit of interest was a storm spinner with double willow blades in an orange and black pattern with a big piece of red wool on the treble.

also try fishing some mepps no 3 patterns or even no 2 patterns and dont forget to give the margins pleny of attention, cos for some reason the leeds liverpool more so than the lanky or the bridge water canals seems to hold a lot more pike up to the edge and if you fish the smaller paterns like i said you can even get some decent bonus perch. i dont know where your at but a good strech to try is behind botany bay next to the motorway, up to the boat yard is good