Sick gill

i was suprised at myself for feeling soft,must be an age thing or reflecting emotions

There's nothing 'soft' about caring for your ferts mate...........quite the opposite, in fact. There're far too many on here who seem to think their ferts are machines, to be used & abused as they see fit because they're too stupid & thoughtless to appreciate that you only get the best out of anything by treating it with respect & consideration................

you sre right there we all only get out what we put in some people think they get things like dogs ferrets and say wow i got one lets work it to death ( not every one is like that just want to say that) some people need to come out with us that look after our working pets and see the differance in them it will open there eyes i can tell you that. they are living animales not just working machines

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I was warned!

Scarlett my lads gill died this morning.

She was put in her box last night after eating a very wholesome soup ( recipe courtesy of someone on here)

She has been very lively the last few days even tormenting her sons in the next cage by climbing all over it.

However at about six this AM I found her curled up in her box. never to awake again.

At eight+ she has served us well and ironically the only time I'll have to dig for her will be tonight when I bury her.

Thanks for all your help with tips and the like.

Rgds

Swampy

Mourning

really sorry to here that mate i am least she is not in pain now and you can sleep at night have you any young off her

ive just lost a hob ferret in near enough the same way alright one day next day bit wobbly day after cant walk keeps falling over picked him up very stiff and cold looked at me and tryed to move so i gave him a drink took him and put him near the fire picked up a bit after a while so gave him a penecilin jab and electrolites next day a bit livelier so gave him eggs and more electrolites day aftre thatmoving a bit and had a sh#te thought champion hes on the mend gave him some diced pigeon ate a bit went to sleep next day stone dead sick as f#ck a valued member of our team gone like as been said by people on here they are very good at hiding ilnees and its often to late when you find somethings wrong

Well, I was warned!

Scarlett my lads gill died this morning.

She was put in her box last night after eating a very wholesome soup ( recipe courtesy of someone on here)

She has been very lively the last few days even tormenting her sons in the next cage by climbing all over it.

However at about six this AM I found her curled up in her box. never to awake again.

At eight+ she has served us well and ironically the only time I'll have to dig for her will be tonight when I bury her.

Thanks for all your help with tips and the like.

Rgds

Swampy

Mourning

Thanks for your comments all.

Burried her last night with my lad. Cracked a tinny of cider for her.

We still have three hobs from her. She had four kits but one died before it got any hair. The other three got all her milk and have turned into right bruisers. One has a similar colouring and temperament the other two are completely different.

They're not as good as their mother but I think thats down to their size. They are still fair ferts tho'

Thanks again.

PS. It does pay to look after them and I don't regret in any way the effort I and my daughter put in to getting her well again. Just wish she could've had one more run in the warrens.

rgds

Swampy

Only ninging with three ferrets now

really sorry to here that mate i am least she is not in pain now and you can sleep at night have you any young off her