Celtic & Rangers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coz there both shitt.. lets be onest they would be mid table teams..

with the likes of spurs man city villa.. celtic and rangers are no longer anything special..

they maybe would make midtable with there teams now but i you think about it the fans the money they would get they would be major contenders for the premiership

Guest THE BEATNICK

all your top teams in england are mega millions in debt and thats allowing for them getting sky's money, in fact ferguson has said that at least one of the top four will bankrupt itself trying to stay at the level theyre at and a fa officall is trying to put a stop to the amount of money spent by premier clubs as they cant afford it and believes it will eventually bring the league down to its knees, if it happens lets see how many star players will stay loyal.

Near every club in professional football is in debt to some degree....it just so happens man utd,s debt is getting close to 1 billion..........and it was platini who spoke about putting a stop to english teams entering the champions league if they had an unmanageable debt......but the proof is there, it IS a manageable debt or they wouldnt be managing.

As far as rangers and celtic having as big following as the top premier league teams on a worldwide scale id say thats a massive exaggeration......the premier league is THE most watched league in the world hence the top premier league clubs have the biggest following worldwide,for instance arsenal are absolutely massive in china the most heavily populated country in the world person for person......i doubt many would have heard of rangers or celtic and certainly wouldnt be walking around in their colours like they do arsenal.

I think anyone thinking rangers or celtic could compete in either of the top 2 english divisions with the teams they have now are deluded....thats not arrogance its just common sense.

Edited by gnasher16

with the likes of spurs man city villa.. celtic and rangers are no longer anything special..

they maybe would make midtable with there teams now but i you think about it the fans the money they would get they would be major contenders for the premiership

yee maybee.. im a cardiff suporter personally and we'll be there next season doing wales proud ;)

yee maybee.. im a cardiff suporter personally and we'll be there next season doing wales proud ;)

i hope they are i like watching cardiff do some good football

Gnasher I personally think the teams like hull, portsmouth,wigan and even west ham :angel: would not be that far out of our league. I dare say we would even beat them as we play more of a physical game than them. Also how many of your bottom ten teams have played at european level? We have, ableit not with great success but we are very rarely embarressed by the results.

Gnasher I personally think the teams like hull, portsmouth,wigan and even west ham :angel: would not be that far out of our league. I dare say we would even beat them as we play more of a physical game than them. Also how many of your bottom ten teams have played at european level? We have, ableit not with great success but we are very rarely embarressed by the results.

:clapper::clapper: well said

i hope they are i like watching cardiff do some good football

they'll prob throw it away again like last seasonn.. but hoping they do got sum good players.. be good for welsh football as well :)

:clapper::clapper: well said

i doubt u play a more physical game than say stoke, wolves.. iw watched celtic last year v aberdeen when i played for the welsh school boys. in aberdeen and i gota say iv seen better championship teams.. look at the players in scotland.. not much better than championship standards if you ask me!

Going on past success in europe your probably right...but like i keep saying,based on the current rangers or celtic sides they are way behind.....as was recently proved against arsenal in europe....and whoever rangers played the other day i forget now.....not just the result but the easy manner in which they were defeated......

I agree to an extent i dont think the bottom sides of the premier league would be head and shoulders above them........but week in week out where squad strength not just team strength comes into play.....i think they would struggle.

As for rangers supporters clubs in hong kong....big deal...west ham have got supporters clubs in greece,india even australia....it dont make us a club with a huge following....

Just like to add.....im all for the big 2 coming down here i think it would be great....i like clubs with history and tradition......i just think it could be embarassing for them to start anywhere near the top league.

Its unrealistic but if it were to happen i think it would be a good idea to just do away with the lowest divisions in scottish football its no better than pub football....and that extra support/financial and otherwise going towards the more successful clubs up there......its hard on supporters of teams like east fife and alloa etc etc....but lets face it you have to be cruel to be kind sometimes :D

Go on mate as i have said football is not my strong point Left a few dates no reply 1938.1946.1953 Go on give it a go atb Catcher :thumbs:

The 50th anniversary of Celtic's history

Celtic crowned British champions at Ibrox!!! What an irony, and a real GIRUY!

Semi-final replay after 0-0 draw in first game of Victory Cup competition

A controversial replay which saw Rangers get loads of favours and trouble led to fines/suspensions for Celtic players and the club.

won the coronation cup

atb bob

Bore me to death later mate...What acheivements are those compared to Love street 85 and stopping ten in a row????

Possibly two of the greatest moments ever in football history anywhere

someof you english are arogent fuckers :clapper: anyway a football club is nothing without the support of the fans and money they make of the fans. Can any of you lads name me a club in the premier league other than Liverpool and man utd with bigger suport than celtic and rangers on this island or around the world. IMO celtic and rangers would struggle with the players they have now in the English premier league but would do well in the lower leagues where they would be expected to start. after a few years they will probably be in the position to buy better players and progress just like any other team. celtic and rangers in the premier league will attract the biggest players in the world. These two clubs are massive all around the world and i believe they could survive in the premier league but not with these players and definitely not with these current owners of both sides.

How can you possibly compare liverpools or utds support to celtic and rangers..?????Celtic park holds nearly 20'000 more that that Fleapit Anfield, Whilst Utd are renowed for their PATHETIC away support, Its a well known thing amongst premier fanzines, While late last year Celtic Took 10000 to Hearts in a midweek game that was on telly!!!!!

Rangers fans travelled to the NOU Camp in tens of thousands while its well documented that there were nearly A QUARTER OF A MILLION Celtic Fans in Seville 03 , Almost 10 times the amount Middlesboro took the year after..

To see celtic or Rangers play away in europe is to be trapped in a mass migration of people, The likes of which ANY english club can barely imagine...

Near every club in professional football is in debt to some degree....it just so happens man utd,s debt is getting close to 1 billion..........and it was platini who spoke about putting a stop to english teams entering the champions league if they had an unmanageable debt......but the proof is there, it IS a manageable debt or they wouldnt be managing.

As far as rangers and celtic having as big following as the top premier league teams on a worldwide scale id say thats a massive exaggeration......the premier league is THE most watched league in the world hence the top premier league clubs have the biggest following worldwide,for instance arsenal are absolutely massive in china the most heavily populated country in the world person for person......i doubt many would have heard of rangers or celtic and certainly wouldnt be walking around in their colours like they do arsenal.

I think anyone thinking rangers or celtic could compete in either of the top 2 english divisions with the teams they have now are deluded....thats not arrogance its just common sense.

Your having a laugh mate.....How many arsenal fans are in China??? are you having a laugh???, Arsenal are barely heard of outside North London Mate,..FACT

The sale of Arsenal, Man. Utd and Celtic Shirts in the far east has had little to do with the success of any team or the fact they play players from the region, It is owed solely down to the stranglehold NIKE has on the leisurewear industry and its marketing strategy.

As for the Biggest team in the world, Man utd have the far east, Chelsea have Africa but how many can afford the merchandise??? Both would give their right arms for the appeal Celtic Have in the USA..Why...

1/ Tied in with the fanbase oF Boston Celtics Basketball team

2/ Endorsed by the wearing of Celtic shirts by Snoop Dogg, Suge Knight, That Scottish racer whose name escapes me, Jenifer Love Hewwitt and Of Course Rod Stewart raised celtics profile and once again endorsed them as europes coolest club

3/ The Irish Connection through the diaspora...

I could go on but I hate to shatter your dreamland..