its cheap, and chearful, but i use a surefire tourch with th pressel cap and jus use electric tape to hold it to my rifle, plus you can bye a few filters for it includin IR if you happen to have Night Vision capability!

find the surefire tourches from all good surplus stores, uktatical.com are good!

I've got a Cluson GL6 economy gunlight kit. Forget the economy in the title, this thing's 'ard as nuts'.

I have had it for 4 years with the same bulb, i purchaced a second 6v battery from Maplin. The scope bracket works OK but can come loose if knocked, better that than bend the scope! A little heavier than the others makes perhaps. Cluson aftermarket spares are second to none on service. Good support.

I have found I don't need a brighter lamp as this one is well up for foxing with shotty on high beam and will do an evening no probs with one battery with enough in reserve on flood bulb for gutting duty.

Check one out, I was tempted on a more sleeker model, but this one came up and I'm still happy.