Levi Oakes info

the last pup i had of ray walker was a cross bred out of simmy and a john parks bitch

ray got of john called tina out of a prick eared dog of parkes called jimmy he gave me both

free ov charge thats the kind ov person he was

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got these pics from Levi himself. On the back it says John Park-red fell bitch Gipsy's grandmother (Rosie)

this next one says border dog in bloodline and the one after that says Digger 2 pups coming from this dog and a border bitch Gipsy's father Border dog x John Cowan bitch and the 3rd one doesn't say anything but if I remember it right,

it's supposed to be the grandfather to my bitch or something (it's been a while since I spoke to Levi R.I.P)

I have the the same pic as the dog standing on the dyke it says Max owned by FC on the back ?

Colm

Who is FC and where did you get that pic ? Do you know anything more about that dog ?

No, just this one. do you know any of the other dogs on the pics ?

What was the correct breeding on them if the father wasn't Digger ?

the father was jake he was out of jims rocky and bracken all border from rw the mother was rosie out of jimmy x sally makes her 3/4 border 1/4 lakeland i think the litter sister went to jims brother in law that gypsy bitch was born about may 1999. sure that digger dog was owned by a lad in kent i never know him jim prob remember

my brother in law had the sister to the bitch on the bottom photo an she was a really decent bitch hard workin never got bred back in but really hard bitch this was bred by tony roberts levi used to ask tony to input some of his stuff to help them on an so he did to get some great results

Edited by winjim
No, just this one. do you know any of the other dogs on the pics ?

What was the correct breeding on them if the father wasn't Digger ?

the father was jake he was out of jims rocky and bracken all border from rw the mother was rosie out of jimmy x sally makes her 3/4 border 1/4 lakeland i think the litter sister went to jims brother in law that gypsy bitch was born about may 1999. sure that digger dog was owned by a lad in kent i never know him jim prob remember

my brother in law had the sister to the bitch on the bottom photo an she was a really decent bitch hard workin never got bred back in but really hard bitch this was bred by tony roberts levi used to ask tony to input some of his stuff to help them on an so he did to get some great results

why s it all gone quite all of a sudden mark p have you had enough mate come on where,s all this breeding talk gone :oops:

I got these pics from Levi himself. On the back it says John Park-red fell bitch Gipsy's grandmother (Rosie)

this next one says border dog in bloodline and the one after that says Digger 2 pups coming from this dog and a border bitch Gipsy's father Border dog x John Cowan bitch and the 3rd one doesn't say anything but if I remember it right,

it's supposed to be the grandfather to my bitch or something (it's been a while since I spoke to Levi R.I.P)

I have the the same pic as the dog standing on the dyke it says Max owned by FC on the back ?

Colm

Who is FC and where did you get that pic ? Do you know anything more about that dog ?

FC STANDS FOR PUFF IN A WHITE TRACK SUIT THE MOST TALKED ABOUT TERRIERMAN IN THE WORLD FRANK CORKARAN :11:

Thanks for all the feedback, so the none of these males or backgrounds look familiar to anyone ?

The bitch Gipsy is still alive and well, she lives on a chicken farm and keep it safe from all kinds of vermin,

has killed foxes, she has also been used on bigger game :hunter: like wild boar and deer in Germany

Thanks for all the feedback, so the none of these males or backgrounds look familiar to anyone ?

The bitch Gipsy is still alive and well, she lives on a chicken farm and keep it safe from all kinds of vermin,

has killed foxes, she has also been used on bigger game :hunter: like wild boar and deer in Germany

the first two photos are taken in levis garden can tell by the background .
this is one of the Gipsy daughters in the states on her first time out with a possum or what I call a BIG rat
jake and rosie gypsys sire and dam post-5542-1257039380_thumb.jpgpost-5542-1257039435_thumb.jpg

ben dover in reply to your pm, this is the working ped of rosies sire jimmy ,rosies mother sally was a john park lakeland ido not have the breeding of but i did get her from john himself ,the border side is very close bred ,the jake dog i used on rosie to breed your gypsy is almost identical bred to jimmy.post-5542-1257341798_thumb.jpg
Guest digbert
Hi Folks, just wondering did anyone on here ever meet or hunt with Levi Oakes, his name seems to be highly respected in border terrier circles[even on this side of the pond]. I noticed from another post that Mark P and Reef mention him id love to know more about him such as was he terrierman to any hunts or prefer to hunt solo,did he keep a big kennell and did he k.c. reg his dogs ,did he like hard dogs or sounders,did he only work his dogs on fox,did he keep a lurcher,did he shoot and what part of UK did he live in? a.t.b. Burrowman
Ray walker worked this line very hard and went out with Levi but so did alot of good terriermen fred jim gordon keith john frank to name but a few but I know one thing you would have to ring Levi he wouldnt ring you ;)

u forget albert radcliff mate, him an ray walker work ther own lines albert being the one between them who had them first, him and ray struggled to find proper working borders they couldent find eny worth breed in off, they line breed them a few times, shortly they became undershot, and came with small heads, he told me they were to hard only lasting a couple of digs. they gave ther stuff to levi as he was strugglein to find good borders aswell, not manny people no that alot of levis stuff was border lakelands, which he passed as pure borders, never mind the papers because most of them was fake he put lakelands in the breed to give em a bit of size back in to them.

wasnt going to mension that part of it but i can back you on this ,he had two border lakelands from me 3/4 his border and 1/4 lakeland through a bitch i had from john park . he never talked about them

you keep on ray this albert that it all started with levi an a bitch called misty thats where all this hard line came from simmy danny pepper an more to mention this line started with levi owning the misty bitch trust me i spent years with levi

the introduction of the border x lakelands was after the red stag breeding if memory serves me right reef did levi ever get anything out of taffy an rosie that breeding would of turned his breeding round in a big way

lisnen mate albert and levi got 2 borders at the same time, they came of an old farmer, levi called his misty ,albert called his danny, they were litter brother an sister so really they dident start the line because they bought the dogs of an old farmer who worked them hard.