A big lump has come up on the side of my Bullx at the rear of his rib cage and when Ive had him out this morning Ive noticed that it has burst open through the skin now.I have got him in at the vets this morning just wondering if any of you have an idea what it is ?A mate of mine thinks it has been a hematoma.Thanks for any replies.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Figuring you'll know by now, Mick? Myself, I was just wondering if it might be what my old Bull 'n Terrier has. With him it's like a bubble. Almost the size of a ping pong ball. Appeared almost over night, a few years ago. Back of his hock.

Vet didn't rightly know what it was. But it's just full of like water and doesn't bother him in the least. Still there. Still no problem what so ever.

Anyway, let us know how ye got on, mate.

A big lump has come up on the side of my Bullx at the rear of his rib cage and when Ive had him out this morning Ive noticed that it has burst open through the skin now.I have got him in at the vets this morning just wondering if any of you have an idea what it is ?A mate of mine thinks it has been a hematoma.Thanks for any replies.

Hi mick i would drain it off and get the infection out and wack some Nu-stock on it... i have this on my dog on his leg... worked for me...

all the best with it mate

Had the dog straight to vets this morning when the lump burst.The vet told me that the dog has Cellulitus.The way I took it to mean was this.The dog has had the slightest of injuries which has then had a form of bacteria get in and the dogs anti bodies etc thinks the dog has a much worse injury than it actually is and this has caused the wound to react the way it has.The dog is now on antibiotics for the next 10 days and then he has to go in for an operation to have the wound and bacteria scar tissue etc cleaned out.Hopefully then the dog will be ok after this and then after a while I will be able to get him fit again for a delayed start to the season(Typical)Thanks for your replies.

Wish Id seen this earlier .You could of dealt with it yourself mate [if you were that way inclined that is]

Its a build up of cell fluid and antibodies like you said .The inner membrane between skin and muscle has ruptured and the bodies way is to pile fluid at it .A small drain hole made at the bottem and a sterile drip tube, taped to shaved skin would have cleared this up .Salt water wash every day x2.

Hope it wasnt too expensive .

Wish Id seen this earlier .You could of dealt with it yourself mate [if you were that way inclined that is]

Its a build up of cell fluid and antibodies like you said .The inner membrane between skin and muscle has ruptured and the bodies way is to pile fluid at it .A small drain hole made at the bottem and a sterile drip tube, taped to shaved skin would have cleared this up .Salt water wash every day x2.

Hope it wasnt too expensive .

You put that over better than I did.Yes FD thats more or less what the Vet said was wrong with him.It cost £47 so far so I will just have to see how it goes with him.Thanks for the info :clapper: